• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KGX to York return

Status
Not open for further replies.

87electric

Hi all,
I'm after some ticketing advice. I want to go to Railfest York for the opening day on Sat June 2nd. I also need to be in London (KGX) for 6pm.
I live in Peterborough.
I have enough loyalty points for a free standard return ticket on East Coast.
Can i get a KGX-York return but start my journey at Peterborough?
The 06:15 stops to pick up at Peterborough at 07:05.
All help welcome. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
No as the rewards tickets are effectively advance tickets and therefore valid on booked train only with no starting short, finishing early or break of journey. But further there is going to be no availability of rewards tickets 1-6 June due to high demand during the Jubilee celebrations.

The cheapest walk up ticket that would meet your requirements would be the Super Off-Peak return at £94.10, it's possible though that there might be advances available that will bring that price down. Do you have any railcards?

EDIT: It's possible to book advances through the EC website for the 2nd June departing Peterborough at 0705 for £17.20 and then returning from York at 1555 (arr Kings Cross 1755) for £35.80 so a total cost of £53 (plus another ticket to return to Peterborough).

87electric

Ah understood. Thanks for the info on the loyalty tix plus the Jubilee.
I have no railcards so i shall probably give it a miss then.

34D

Established Member
Ah understood. Thanks for the info on the loyalty tix plus the Jubilee.
I have no railcards so i shall probably give it a miss then.

You can get a GDR ticket (a sat or sun only, peterborough-york day return) should be around £40 (help please someone), then buy a peterborough-london return or single ticket FCC only (I guess you'll return to peterborough either that saturday night or the sunday?).

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
PETERBOROUGH [PBO] - YORK [YRK]
GDR - OFF-PEAK DAY R ECC
00000 - ANY PERMITTED

1 Adult @£ 38.30 = £ 38.30

Restriction : X1
OUTWARD & RETURN TRAVEL

Ticket Type GDR/GDS available
by any train on Saturdays,
Sundays and Bank Holidays (NOT
VALID Mondays to Fridays).

Also valid Tuesday 27th
December to Friday 30th
December 2011 inclusive.

You could combine this with a cheap Advance from Peterborough-London?

87electric

I've decided on the 0705 £17 Pboro to York.
I've managed to arrange for my work to pay for the single ticket York-KX leg so a result.
I shall see Carol Vorderman name 91 110 after all.:D

Thanks all for your time and help. It's a great forum for learning the ticketing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.