• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kidderminster Junction and Blakedown signal boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson102

Hi all,

I am aware Kidderminster Junction and Blakedown signal boxes were scheduled for closure in October 2012, along with Hartlebury and Stourbridge.

I've been able to confirm that Stourbridge Junction still stands (thanks to others on this site), and that Hartlebury has been demolished.

However, I am unable to tell if Kidderminster Junction and Blakedown boxes are still standing, or have also been demolished?

We would prefer not wasting a journey across there, if there is nothing left to see!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jimm

Established Member
Hi all,

I am aware Kidderminster Junction and Blakedown signal boxes were scheduled for closure in October 2012, along with Hartlebury and Stourbridge.

I've been able to confirm that Stourbridge Junction still stands (thanks to others on this site), and that Hartlebury has been demolished.

However, I am unable to tell if Kidderminster Junction and Blakedown boxes are still standing, or have also been demolished?

We would prefer not wasting a journey across there, if there is nothing left to see!

Thanks

Kidderminster Junction was closed in August 2012 and demolished about a month later.

Blakedown was donated to the parish council and dismantled in 2013. The plan is to rebuild it across the road from its former site as a community history centre. Grants to help pay for the rebuilding late were secured last year

Last edited:

Robinson102

Kidderminster Junction was closed in August 2012 and demolished about a month later.

Blakedown was donated to the parish council and dismantled in 2013. The plan is to rebuild it across the road from its former site as a community history centre. Grants to help pay for the rebuilding late were secured last year

Jimm, thank you for this information. I suspected they would have most likely been demolished, but wanted to check - as whether a box survives or not seems almost a lottery, if they are not a listed building.

Thanks again.

Just as a footnote, I understand that the lever frame from Kidderminster Junction box was saved, and is in the care of the Severn Valley S & T department.
As to any future use, I don't know. Maybe useful spares?

Status
Not open for further replies.