• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kidsgrove ECS query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainfan2019

Looking on real time trains there seems to be some odd ecs movements around Kidsgrove recently.

The train below starts at Kidsgrove, goes to Crewe, reverses and goes back through Kidsgrove to Crewe. Why is this? Is this train the same one that starts at Ardwick TMD at 5:47am?

Also, what is the train below that starts at Congleton, goes to Kidsgrove and then reverses back through Congleton? Presume non-passenger?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
Second one is going to be yellow plant I would suspect coming out a possession.

_toommm_

Established Member
First one is a training run I believe, normally with 323s. Runs to Crewe and back for a few hours.

Northern drivers sign that route for ECS movements from Stoke to Crewe (I don’t think every driver does though).

Here was it running last week:

FGW_DID

Established Member
…………Also, what is the train below that starts at Congleton, goes to Kidsgrove and then reverses back through Congleton? Presume non-passenger?

Thanks.
Yes, non-passenger, it’s a class 6 train (even with obfuscated reporting numbers, the first number identifies the train classification).

palmersears

Established Member
A trailing load of 715 tonnes on RTT is almost always indicative of some kind of track machine.

craigybagel

Established Member
First one is a training run I believe, normally with 323s. Runs to Crewe and back for a few hours.

Northern drivers sign that route for ECS movements from Stoke to Crewe (I don’t think every driver does though).
Just the one link at Piccadilly I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.