• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kingfisher / RailScene Cab Rides

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt_mad

Established Member
Anyone own any of these? They seem to have a good range of cab rides around the 20 quid mark.

Also anyone own any RailScene cab rides and are these the ones with Jeremy English talking to the driver during the journeys?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
I have a few and from a historical point of view (filmed late 80s/early 90s) I think they are fascinating. More so when covering areas that have changed significantly since filming.

I thought Kingfisher/Railscene were the same thing? The footage is continuous with no external cut aways and the cameraman chats with the Driver and Traction inspector in all the ones I have. Some of the tales and explanations from the crew are very interesting first hand accounts.

robertclark125

Established Member
I have a few and from a historical point of view (filmed late 80s/early 90s) I think they are fascinating. More so when covering areas that have changed significantly since filming.

I thought Kingfisher/Railscene were the same thing? The footage is continuous with no external cut aways and the cameraman chats with the Driver and Traction inspector in all the ones I have. Some of the tales and explanations from the crew are very interesting first hand accounts.

Not had much experience of them. I've got the Video 125 range, and I prefer these as they give historical background to things, as well as some external shots.

pt_mad

Established Member

It looks like Kingfisher have some modern ones too. They have a Pendolino all the way from Glasgow to Euston at full pace.

I have one Railscene cab ride filmed in 1998 in a 47 from Paddington to Birmingham via Didcot. Funny the driver and J English are talking about the changeover to privatisation and Virgin as an employer etc. Driver couldn't big them up enough.

Interestingly the driver said he was based on the west coast most of the week but did a run for VXC one day a week. Staff were shared between both aparantly.

34D

Established Member
I have one Railscene cab ride filmed in 1998 in a 47 from Paddington to Birmingham via Didcot. Funny the driver and J English are talking about the changeover to privatisation and Virgin as an employer etc. Driver couldn't big them up enough.

Interestingly the driver said he was based on the west coast most of the week but did a run for VXC one day a week. Staff were shared between both aparantly.

To be fair, it is surprising that other franchisees haven't made this sort of effort to integrate their franchises. There hasn't been (that I have noticed) much integration between First at doncaster, selby, brough or Hull, or between their two sleeper services, nor between NXEA and C2C at Stratford, Upminster or Southend, nor the various places that the GoVia London area franchises meet each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.