• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

King's Cross closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
A major building fire adjacent to London Kings Cross station

Time Reported: 11:05
Route Affected: London Kings Cross–Stevenage–Doncaster–Newcastle–Edinburgh/Glasgow Central; London Kings Cross–Welwyn Garden City/Hertford North–Stevenage–Cambridge/Kings Lynn; London Kings Cross-Doncaster-Hull
TOC/s Affected: First Capital Connect, GNER, Hull Trains
Description: London Kings Cross has been evacuated due to a major building fire adjacent to the station.
Please click on Further Information below for more details:
There is no estimate for a normal service to resume
Further Information: Further information for A major building fire adjacent to London Kings Cross station

GNER

GNER services will start/terminate at Peterborough. A bus service will operate between Peterborough and Kettering to enable passengers to connect with Midland Mainline services.

Midland Mainline will accept GNER tickets on their services until 16:00 today.

First Capital Connect

All First Capital Connect services have been suspended until further notice. Passengers are advised not to travel

Even trains to Moorgate are cancelled, the signalbox at King's Cross has been evacuated so nothing can be signalled south of Biggleswade (I think).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
All First Capital Connect services have been suspended until further notice. Passengers are advised not to travel.

This is why someone replacing WAGN with FCC isn't appropriate - FCC Thameslink services are running normally.

And from that BBC News article
First Capital Connect trains on the Thameslink line were turning round at Finsbury Park in north London.
:lol:

Coxster

Established Member
Royalscot said:
I noticed they are running stuff through to Stevenage from the North, and I think there's a slave panel somewhere up Hitchin way, but yep, it was the fact the PSB had to be closed that's caused a lot of the chaos. If any cables have been damaged it might go on for days, we shall see.
There is no damage to the railway infrastructure as far as I know, just problem of the 'box being in the exclusion zone and that there is a fear of an explosion.

eezypeazy

Live departure board info on GNER's website is currently showing no GNER arrivals or departures at NCL today between 1104 and 1240..... and the links from the national rail website to the temporary timetables don't work.... service seems to be well and truly up the spout.... still, the office I work in under the railway arches in Newcastle usually shakes when anything goes by, so it's nice and stable today...

eezypeazy

Table 52

Hmmm. GNER are still running but to/from Peterborough.

1tph Peterborough-Newcastle
1tph Peterborough-Scotland
1tph Doncaster-Leeds

For those living in the cambridge area- a bit of a treat. Hull Trains will be divirting their class 222s today to start and terminate at Cambridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.