• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kings cross LU - Pentonville Road entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
I can’t think of any escalators which serve the Drain?
I think it was the ones from the mainline station to the underground station. I can't find the reports using my phone.

Recessio

I seriously doubt the Pentonville Rd entrance will be closed - what would be the point?

Surely a station as busy as Kings Cross St Pancras, which has possibly the largest mixture of lines what with the different underground lines, NR lines and the HS1 routes (its such a mess on the joint Tube+Rail map), would want as many entrances and exits it can get, even if just for contingencies?

The whole Euston/KX/StP area is going to get even busier when HS2 is finished (with CR2 to come too). No harm in futureproofing by *not* going to the cost of closing an existing railway asset only to need to improve passenger flows in barely a decades time.

Nor can I, stairs down from the main line platforms and stairs and slope from tfl ticket hall. Escalators serve the tfl ticket hall

He might be referring to the travelators?
Again the travelators are for interchange between the Jubilee and Northern/Bakerloo

Jimini

Established Member
Nor can I, stairs down from the main line platforms and stairs and slope from tfl ticket hall. Escalators serve the tfl ticket hall

Again the travelators are for interchange between the Jubilee and Northern/Bakerloo

There are travelators down to the W&C as well at Bank.

Attachments

• F0F9E935-57E1-4CCF-A0DB-9942BBEABE1F.jpeg
    F0F9E935-57E1-4CCF-A0DB-9942BBEABE1F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I enjoy walking through this entrance as it has basically been frozen in time since the 1980s and early 2000s. I also quite enjoy peeking through the glass at the old platforms where you can quite clearly see 700s passing through (and the old First Capital Connect advertisement)

Lifelong

Is there any news on the reopening of this entrance? The area is busier than ever (at least since the pandemic) now…

Aictos

Established Member
I thought the main reason for that entrance still in suite was less to do with the Underground and more as the accessible point for a train if you have to detrain at Kings Cross Thameslink.

AlbertBeale

Established Member
Is there any news on the reopening of this entrance? The area is busier than ever (at least since the pandemic) now…

Related point - did they stop trying to repair the escalator while the entrance was shut? It'd be very good to have that way in and out available again, and to have the escalator back at last too.

Status
Not open for further replies.