• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kings Cross - Peterborough Works Aug BH 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

adamedwards

Nice video in the Stevenage Platform 5 thread showing new OHLE beams replacing headspans at Langley Junction. All lines blocked with road rail vehicles working on the wires.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Thanks but nothing about the actual work.
I think the point is that the main work is the signalling recontrol, which in the normal course won’t actually be visible. Then there are a few opportunities to do various jobs around the route, because of the closure, but as they aren’t the main reason for the closure, they haven’t been publicised...

superkev

Established Member
I found attached plan of next years proposed trackworks. Not sure if some parts applicable to this weekend.
K

Attachments

• ZZwify9.png
    ZZwify9.png
    759.1 KB · Views: 127

hwl

Established Member
I found attached plan of next years proposed trackworks. Not sure if some parts applicable to this weekend.
K
From the photos so far it looks like only preliminary work in the existing tunnels installing the new points or rather it looks like they have removed the existing track removed and replaced ballast then installing temporary new track where the points are going to go (so points can be installed on Sundays in the future?). As well as new OHLE masts/ boom in the throat.

Last edited:

59CosG95

Established Member
I understand track renewal in the St Neots area is going on too. Passing the site of Little Barford Feeder Station (nr the power station), there's a few switchgear portals which are currently lacking their booms. It may well have been the case that said booms will go up this weekend...although I'll have to verify that later this month.

malc-c

Nice video in the Stevenage Platform 5 thread showing new OHLE beams replacing headspans at Langley Junction. All lines blocked with road rail vehicles working on the wires.

I'm kicking myself for not being around to get the crane hoisting the metal work in place... looking at the image on the twitter feed it was in the early hours of Saturday morning around 5am

Status
Not open for further replies.