• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

King's Cross to Liverpool Street - possible in 11 minutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
it would not be possible unless the incoming train is early in my opinion.

The first train was 8mins late last Saturday!

If the journey is to Walthamstow or beyond, you would take the Victoria Line and not go via LST, unless it's closed.

nlogax

Established Member
TfL Journey Planner says 13 minutes. IF you had a clear run of all the tube passages, a tube turn up as you reached the platform AND clear concourses at both ends then you'd have a tiny chance of making it. As it is, I doubt it. You're picking a Saturday morning at two of London's busiest stations, two weeks before Christmas. Nah.

Of course your incoming train could be early..

Midnight Sun

Not a chance, Even being at the buffer stop of the platform from the train at Kings Cross. And running all the way to the tube platform and doing the same again in reverse at Liverpool street. You be hard pushed to do it in less then 25 minuites.

bramling

Veteran Member
Hello.

I was wondering if it was possible to get from King's Cross (from the train) to Liverpool Street (on the train) in 11 minutes?

Just that I'm down there on the 14th December and I want to go between these two services: https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y31244/2019-12-14/detailed -> https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/L69311/2019-12-14/detailed

Would it be possible to do this?

Also, what are London Overground like in terms of punctuality?

I’d agree with others that this would be seriously pushing it.

Even 20 minutes would be tight, and rely on everything going like clockwork. I don’t think 11 minutes would be possible even by bicycle and going like crazy.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looking at the LUL Working Timetable if the train from Newcastle is into Kings Cross on time at 08.39 then the best the OP could hope for would be train no 271 which departs Kings Cross (H&C/Met eastbound platform) at 08.42. Unfortunately it does not get into Liverpool St until 08.50 which is 2 mins after the Chingford train has departed.

Established Member
TfL Journey Planner says 13 minutes. IF you had a clear run of all the tube passages, a tube turn up as you reached the platform AND clear concourses at both ends then you'd have a tiny chance of making it. As it is, I doubt it. You're picking a Saturday morning at two of London's busiest stations, two weeks before Christmas. Nah.

Of course your incoming train could be early..

11 minutes is my record late at night with a tube driver that was, let’s say, enthusiastic. As for this journey, a bookie would possibly offer 1000/1.

Looking at the LUL Working Timetable if the train from Newcastle is into Kings Cross on time at 08.39 then the best the OP could hope for would be train no 271 which departs Kings Cross (H&C/Met eastbound platform) at 08.42. Unfortunately it does not get into Liverpool St until 08.50 which is 2 mins after the Chingford train has departed.

Indeed. The WTT running time Kings Cross St. Pancras to Liverpool Street is 8H minutes at that time of day / week.

For that arrival into KGX over the last 12 weeks it has been on time or 2 minutes early 7 times / not run 2 times / 1 Late / 2 Late / 7 Late once each. Overall 90% PPM.

https://www.recenttraintimes.co.uk/...tAvg=Mea&MetSpr=RT&MxScDu=&MxSvAg=35&MnScCt=2

Even if you did arrive early, there is still no earlier connecting tube than the 0839. The previous tube is scheduled to depart 0836H arriving LST 0845. That though does allow 3 minutes to get to LST plt #7 and hoping the doors arnt shut 30 seconds prior to departure.
Your arrival into KGX would need to be early vastly in excess of anything its been in three months.

I would suggest it's not possible based upon these two particular main line services.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Not a chance. I agree with @yorkie that if you need to get to Walthamstow then you'd be better off taking the Victoria Line.

Status
Not open for further replies.