• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kings Heath Depot Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

chunx2005

There is one photo of the first train to arrive at Coalville Depot ("Proper Traction")since it's been open but You cannot get close to it so you cant get a good pic. :tongue2:

www.ah-trains.fotopic.net

Cheers
Andy

Guinness

Established Member
Demps said:
bloody rubbish, sorry lol, just some more modern ****

Why is it ****?

Personally I think is good, a modern enviromentally friendly depot. More trains need more depots so it must be a step forward on the railways.

Demps

because when you think of it, it is just replacing older stock something which has died out and is sad to see, it is also **** because it is a dmu and all dmus are **** exept for for a few oldies e.g ugly 303's and the odd 101 in nse etc. in particular the 185s are **** because they have a rubbish noise (unlike the quirky 142s eventhough they still should be sent to booth and be scrapped) look ugly and are genrally boring, and i guess they will become more widespread as with the dildos.

TheSlash

Established Member
Demps,
Not to make you look stupid but,
Class 1xx DMU
Class 2xx DEMU
Class 3xx Dual Voltage
Class 4xx 3rd Rail EMU
Class 5xx Mersey rail electric

So a 303 is a not a DMU.
Also, i believe the new depot is a dedicated service centre on the WCML for Siemens new Class 350 Desiro fleet

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Demps said:
because when you think of it, it is just replacing older stock something which has died out and is sad to see, it is also **** because it is a dmu and all dmus are **** exept for for a few oldies e.g ugly 303's and the odd 101 in nse etc. in particular the 185s are **** because they have a rubbish noise (unlike the quirky 142s eventhough they still should be sent to booth and be scrapped) look ugly and are genrally boring, and i guess they will become more widespread as with the dildos.

Demps what the hell?
It's a new depot for the Desiros and it hasn't replaced an older depot! The 350s haven't replaced any older stock AFAIK so what the hell are you on about?

:roll: numpty

Coxster

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Class 3xx Dual Voltage
Dual voltage OR overhead electric (i.e. 314s, 315s, 317s, 320s, 321s and some others are just overhead).

TheSlash said:
Class 5xx Mersey rail electric
Some 508s still work down South on some South Eastern Trains' services around Strood, Tonbridge and the Sheerness branch.

Guinness

Established Member
Demps said:

Is it me or do you half not make sense?

Anyone care to translate that post for me, without swearing and how 303s are DMUs :?.......

devon_metro

Established Member
Hmmm, so where would we be without dmus. I hardly see many branch lines with a 47 and mk2s, where do they run around?

DMUs do their job! A for a new depot surely it's better than leaving them open to the elements and complete SCUM vandals.

I'd love it if 47s and HSTs operated on cross country. I would also love it if the ECML wasn't electrified and there were 47s and 55s running on there. Would also be quite cool if 50s were pulling expresses from Bristol to Paddington. However, this isn't going to happen. Modern units are taking over. I have my own personal opinions abotu the newer units but like it or not they are replacing older stock and nothing can stop that. People hate 66s (personally I like them but anyway...) but I bet you in 30 years time when they are being replaced by newer locos, all the people that are on here saying they hate 66s will be out in thier thousands trying ot get the last photo of a 66 hauling a coal train. This is the railways moving forward, however much I would love to see a 33 pulling MK2s from Portsmouth to Cardiff it is now 158s. The place for 33s, 37s and older stock is now on preserved lines.

Ben

Demps, If you cant post with a bit of Intelligence Dont bother Posting - This isnt The first silly post ive seen from Yourself.

TheSlash

Established Member
Coxster, the 508's were originally built for the Merseyrail scheme, they just ended up relocated to South Eastern. They share alot of they're technology with 455's
The 1xx, 2xx, 3xx etc classification has lost it's way since privatisation, alot of units like the 458 and 450 are dual voltage, but classed as 4xx due to technicalities.
Alot of the early members of the class are alot different to the current members, such as the 101 vs the 185

Coxster

Established Member
TheSlash said:
Coxster, the 508's were originally built for the Merseyrail scheme
I thought they a while on the South Western and when the 455s wrre built, the 508s gave up their trailer cars and moved up to Liverpool (apart from the few operated by SET) with all 508 trailer cars going into some of the 455 sets.

AlexS

Established Member
The original plan was for them to work as a stop gap and be moved up ASAP - there was never any chance of them staying down south. They didn't move back to South Eastern/Silverlink until the mid 1990s at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.