• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KJ Rail van motorway incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elecman

Established Member
Has anyone else seen the images of the idiot hanging out of the van on the motorway?

Presume NR Lifesaving rules will now be applied to KJ Rail and they will be suspended from NR Infrastructure for such blatant disregards.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rd-forcing-cars-swerve-way.html#ixzz3WZ9MCgBf

Ollie Gillman said:
Workman hangs out of the door of van travelling at 85mph on motorway - and says it was because he was feeling ill

• Man seen leaning out of sliding door of work van in middle of motorway
  • He appeared to be laughing as he dangled leg outside of the KJ Rail van
  • His boss says man claims he was getting some 'fresh air' as he was unwell
  • Police and employers are investigating and man could face the sack
A workman caught hanging out the door of a van travelling at 85mph down the motorway says he was only doing it because he needed some fresh air.

The man, wearing an orange high-vis jacket, could be seen leaning out the sliding door of the black Vauxhall Vivaro van as it hurtled down the outside lane of the M40 near Oxford.

He appeared to be laughing and making jokes with his colleagues inside the KJ Rail van as he hung his body - and even a leg - out of the vehicle.

Today his boss, who has called the man in for a disciplinary hearing, revealed that the man claims he was only leaning out of the door because he wasn't feeling unwell and needed some fresh air.....

27517F6500000578-0-image-a-6_1428315118139.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swj99

If he was unwell, wouldn't it have been more sensible to stop the van so he could get some fresh air ?

richw

Veteran Member
From the article the witness and photographer has said

'We were travelling about 65 in the middle lane and he came flying up behind us. He must have been doing about 80

The photographer is clearly not in the middle lane from the photos. Whilst the pictures make it clear of the incident, anything not in the pictures can possibly be disregarded.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
According to the boss, as quoted in the Daily Mail, he was leaning out of the van 'because he wasn't feeling unwell.' Doh!

Antman

Established Member
According to the boss, as quoted in the Daily Mail, he was leaning out of the van 'because he wasn't feeling unwell.' Doh!

He'd have felt even more unwell if he had fallen out:roll:, idiotic behaviour!

He is also blocking the drivers view from the nearside mirror.

Last edited:

Clip

Established Member
Has anyone else seen the images of the idiot hanging out of the van on the motorway?

Presume NR Lifesaving rules will now be applied to KJ Rail and they will be suspended from NR Infrastructure for such blatant disregards.

You would strip a company of its contracts because of e lucky to have any railway at all with that sort of attitude.

GB

Established Member
If he'd have risked it and kept quiet, it would have been difficult to prove just by those photos the vehicle was in motion while he was hanging out.

Not that I condone his behavior, totally moronic thing to do.

Last edited:

hidden

Its a company of 'questionable' characters anyway so this doesn't surprise me. One flew past me in Wigan a few weeks ago doing about 50 in a 30 with music blaring.

Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
I wonder what would have occurred had a police motorway patrol car had sight of this alleged incident.

I think him and the driver would have both been getting fixed penalty tickets or prosecuted.

The sort of thing you would expect from some brain dead chav on police camera action!

Oswyntail

Established Member
I think him and the driver would have both been getting fixed penalty tickets or prosecuted.

The sort of thing you would expect from some brain dead chav on police camera action!
Are you referring to the driver/vanman or the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.