• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Knighton Junction (Leicester) works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmidland

Established Member
Does anyone know what the purpose of all the works that is currently going on at Knighton Junction is all about?

Work has took place on the junction of where the line to Coalville diverges off the mainline. From what I have seen, a lot of devegetation has took place and this makes me wonder whether the old sidings and vegetation will be removed too, just before the junction.

Does anyone have any information about this?

Thanks. knigton jn.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Planner

Veteran Member
We could have well of sold it as part of the plan to earn some money from property sales.

Hairy Bear

Engineers sidings at Market Harborough? I can recall a stub for Tamper stabling but nothing of any great substance?
There was at least one siding plus a run-round of at least 200ft. Long burried under the undergrowth still of use if you were brave enough.
Now totally lifted for the new car park.

Status
Not open for further replies.