• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kony!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
He also does a nice line in knock off Japanese electronic appliances ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
I heard Soulja Boy is his favourite rapper :lol:

what is this Kony stuff all about?

Some bloke in Uganda who's recruiting child soldiers. People, suddenly pretending to care as long as they needn't do anything, have posted it on social networking in the hopes he'll be brought to justice.

I use the word suddenly because this sort of thing has gone on for decades and very few people batted an eyelid

Badger

It's quite sad. There are legitimate causes for concern - but nothing that will be solved by "like"ing a facebook comment. It's just a way of improving people's self esteem, they think they're helping by 1up'ing a post.

Oswyntail

Established Member
I seem to recall that the "Invisible Children" charity is itself less than generous in passing on its funds. IMHO this Kony thing is chiefly a fundraiser.
[I agree that the situation is appalling, but videos are not going to solve anything]

Yew

Established Member
I seem to recall that the "Invisible Children" charity is itself less than generous in passing on its funds. IMHO this Kony thing is chiefly a fundraiser.

Like the big green fund raising machine that is greenpeace?

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I heard Soulja Boy is his favourite rapper :lol:

Some bloke in Uganda who's recruiting child soldiers. People, suddenly pretending to care as long as they needn't do anything, have posted it on social networking in the hopes he'll be brought to justice.

I use the word suddenly because this sort of thing has gone on for decades and very few people batted an eyelid

right - no need for my interest then. Typical hypocritical fluff.

Yew

Established Member
Is this the same greenpeace that attacks Japanese vessels acting within the law?

The same greenpeace that takes credit for attacking illegal Japanese waling ships, despite never in their history sending a ship down into the southern ocean

WatcherZero

Established Member
_59135093_014216539-1.jpg

Invisible Children co-founder Jason Russell in hospital

The co-founder of Invisible Children has been taken to hospital in San Diego, California, after he was found semi-naked and screaming at traffic.

Jason Russell narrated the Kony 2012 campaign video which went viral on the internet last week.

Police said he had been detained and taken to a medical facility.

In a statement, Invisible Children head Ben Keesey said that a "severe emotional toll" had led to an "unfortunate incident".

The statement said Mr Russell had been hospitalised on Thursday "suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition".

San Diego police spokeswoman Andra Brown told AFP news agency: "Officers responded to a radio call to check the welfare of an individual who was said to be running in the street, interfering with traffic, screaming - one person said that he was naked and masturbating."

She added that after assessing his condition, officers had decided to take him to a medical facility for treatment.

Invisible Children's 30 minute video on the use of child soldiers by Joseph Kony's Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda has been viewed tens of millions of times on YouTube over the past week.

It has the backing of countless celebrities and the International Criminal Court's chief prosecutor, but both the group and the video have also come under heavy criticism.

Activists say the campaign simplifies a complex issue, and questions have been raised about Invisible Children's financing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17409934

Status
Not open for further replies.