• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[KRS] New Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
KRS looks very good indeed. It looks very realistic, especially that German one.
Paddington just looks great - so life-like! :D

I might have to invest in it when it come out.

Here's a few daft questions (I haven't been following KRS so have missed all the discussions.)

1 - What routes will come with the came as standard?

2 - Will current MSTS add-ons be compatible with it, or is it completely different? If not, I'd assume there ill be a converter?

3 - Any initial release estimates?

Ta,

The Snap

Established Member
Cheers Tom. Makes very interesting reading does that - moving people, extensive grounds, converters.......minnnnttttt :D

class 313

Established Member
Looks too cartoony if you ask me, maybe as it is WIP but still.... Very good work so far indeed I must say!

Dennis

Established Member
It's hard to find anything I dislike in those screenshots; only complaint I can come up with is that the front of the HST is a bit bland - perhaps a few hundred squat flies on the yellow end and the arc of the wiper being visible on the windscreen would help. Now that is getting picky...

eezypeazy

Stunning though it is, I'm afraid that, sadly, the Newcastle shot is wrong...in reality, the High Level Bridge is only wide enough for two tracks across it, not three.... otherwise, very nice...

eezypeazy

1D53

Established Member
It looks very very good - I wont be buying till Ive played a demo though at least.

Daniel

Established Member
You can pre-order via play.com, (like me! :D) if you want to be guaranteed a copy at release :).

class 313

Established Member
Im not doing anything till a demo comes out, though it may look good, it could play crap...

Coxster

Established Member
There is a demo out. You just had to go to Lepizeg (spelling?).
Aldershot had the same demo on display - wasn't bad actually, although the D and A keys were the wrong way round (said that only for Lucazone's benefit :p).

LucaZone

haha

actually I had them changed round JUST to annoy every MSTS user out there :evil5:

A = Accelerate
D = Deccelerate

Regarding the Newcastle High Level bridge, remember the route is set in 1978, when Health & Safety recess space wasnt such a huge requirement :) Check some track plans from that era ;)

Darandio

Established Member
Stunning though it is, I'm afraid that, sadly, the Newcastle shot is wrong...in reality, the High Level Bridge is only wide enough for two tracks across it, not three.... otherwise, very nice...

eezypeazy

I agree eezypeazy although they may have changed the high level by the time the final version comes out (if any one has told them).

I know other people have said that obviously the route is set in 1978 so the track layout is based then but I am pretty sure that it was still only 2 tracks, i could be wrong though.

Aside from that, i cannot wait to thrash a deltic through Ferryhill

Anybody unfamiliar with the high level bridge:-

http://www.picturesofgateshead.co.uk/tyne_bridges/index.html

The two pictures on this site are from around the late 80's i think although as i say i could be wrong.

Demps

Ah, once again a failure in terms of graphics, yeah sure, objects look pretty good close up, but around 50m's out and they are rubbish; cartoon like.

Shame, i was extremely looking foward to better graphics.

T

Tom

We haven't actually seen the engine in full flow yet, that will only be seen in the final product, tweaks will be done everywhere which can change the effects of the end display on your screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.