• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KRS preorder in GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Not really - I've seen games ready for pre-order about a year before release.

Also available at play.com etc...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Anyone else think that the HST on the cover shot included in the pre-order page there looks poorly done? Looks incredibly bad to me!

Coxster

Established Member
Anyone else think that the HST on the cover shot included in the pre-order page there looks poorly done? Looks incredibly bad to me!
I very much doubt that's the final box art anyway. That livery has been taken off at least one power car and the train in the image isn't an MTU either yet wears the 'dynamic lines' livery.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I very much doubt that's the final box art anyway. That livery has been taken off at least one power car and the train in the image isn't an MTU either yet wears the 'dynamic lines' livery.

Aye, I hope it's not! Terrible rendering in that shot! Absolutely dreadful!

Oh, and I could have sworn I saw you the other day in Argos Damon! The guy was sooooo similar it was uncanny! If I hadn't known you were somewhere on the SWT network, I might have been tempted to double-check it wasn't you!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Im amazed you dont realise its a Hornby Power Car on the RailSim box artwork.......

It is? Oh well, never mind.

They haven't taken the time to do a decent job on the power cars by the looks of it though. If it looks that c**p when it comes out, I shall certainly be steering clear of it!

LucaZone

yes, you can clearly see its totally different to the HST renders on the Kuju site. Its hardly likely after putting so much effort into that model, that the box then doesnt feature it in the same form.

Its a placeholder image guys, so you can chill out :) 'we' hate it to, but its an EA thing, so we dont have much influence.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thing is, you look at it and think 'Ugh, that looks crap in terms of graphics, I'm not buying that'. Whilst that might be a temporary image, first impressions are most important. If that's the first you see of this new simulator, then quite frankly you'll have a negative image of it from there on in.

Nah, I think I'll stick to BVE4.

LucaZone

Thing is, you look at it and think 'Ugh, that looks crap in terms of graphics, I'm not buying that'. Whilst that might be a temporary image, first impressions are most important. If that's the first you see of this new simulator, then quite frankly you'll have a negative image of it from there on in.

Nah, I think I'll stick to BVE4.

Good point, but the majority of people online who have seen that, will have seen www.railsimulator.com first :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I've not looked at that website AFAIK, can't be bothered either. I'm not upgrading my PC just to play a game.

In any case, I'll wait until it comes out to form a final opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.