• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[KRS] Signal Renders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I do hope they work out how Signalling works.

I cant think of any situation where a Distant would be higher than a Home.

Though there are situations with double Distants. Indeed in the Birmingham area there were signal posts with up to three distant signals, essentially providing four aspect semaphore signalling! With an Outer Distant, Middle Distant and Inner Distant signal provided!

So you got
Code:
Box A  Box B  Box C  Box D  Box E
  G      G      G      G      R
  G      G      G      Y      Y
  G      G      Y      Y      Y
  G      Y      Y      Y      Y
the Great Western were funny little buggers at times!

(G = Green, Y = Yellow, R = Red)

And in four aspect signalling that would be,

Green
Green
Double Yellow
Yellow
Red

It can be confusing, cant it.

T

Tom

The semaphores will be for the Somerset & Dorset IIRC. And maybe Newcastle - York (1970s)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Tom said:
The semaphores will be for the Somerset & Dorset IIRC. And maybe Newcastle - York (1970s)

I wouldnt be too sure about that, I believe the Somerset & Dorset used Lower Quadrant signals. Could be wrong though.

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie said:
I wouldnt be too sure about that, I believe the Somerset & Dorset used Lower Quadrant signals. Could be wrong though.
The S&DJR used lower quadrant signals however towards the end some upper quandrant signals could be found that were erected by the SR IIRC.

Tomnick

Established Member
Well I've got to say that the first, second and fourth signals are rather odd, to say the least! Hopefully we'll not be seeing anything so meaningless in the final release!

Status
Not open for further replies.