• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kuala Lumpur to Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chester1

Established Member
Has anyone travelled this route now the electrified line has been opened? I understand you how have to do the run in three stages! No overnights either. Experiences please.

The new service started a month ago so I doubt if you will find a forum member who has used it yet. I did the journey in November. The best bit of advice I can give you is avoid the train across the causeway unless you specifically want to use it. Woodlands metro station is a mile or so away from Woodlands railway station (next to the checkpoint). Its easier just to get the bus from Woodlands Metro, go through the checkpoint and get back on the bus which takes you to the Malaysian checkpoint. JB Sentral is within the same building, once you have passed through Malaysian border control there are clear directions to it.

dutchflyer

Established Member
Coming FROM KUL I assume its now elektrik ''steamcar'' (thats literally the Malay word for train=kereta api) until Gemas and change to what I assume are the remains of the old through trains onward. As explained: in JB the stesyen is In the giant new border check-post (stock up if any food is needed, its much cheaper as in SIN), pass thru Malay emigr, then find the busstops-there are 4: SJE Ekspres IN SIN proper, ditto from SBS, and both SBS and what used to be Causeway (may have changed) to the nearestby Metro station in SIN-SIn Immi is at their side of the causeway-if you like you can also walk over it, but it wont save on busfares (as in MY you can pay-cash only, farebox, with MYR). There may be giant jams on that causeway later in the day-do allow for plenty of time if you intend to fly out of SIN straight-away.

Status
Not open for further replies.