• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KWVR Autumn Steam Gala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesHorrell

Hi Just thought to share the newly updated page on the KWVR Autumn Steam Gala page on the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway's Website.

http://kwvr.co.uk/events/151-featured/124-autumn-steam-gala-2012.html

Just for anyone who can't see the page : (Taken from the KWVR Website).

'"Step back in time for the very last Gala appearance of Ivatt 2MT No. 41241 & L&Y No. 957, sadly coming to an end of their operational boiler certificates. Guaranteed to be a Gala Weekend over 12-14th October 2012. All our operational steam locomotives in use along with a very special visiting engine - 'The Flying Pig', Ivatt Class 4 No. 43106

This Gala will also be the very last Gala appearance of Ivatt Class 2 No. 41241 and L&Y 'Ironclad' No. 957, both locomotive are very much a part of the Worth Valley Silverware and are sadly coming to the end of their operational boiler certificates.

Ingrow Railway Centre - 2 Museums open throughout the Weekend
Collection of Vintage & historic vehicles, traction engines & showman engines

*Double Headed Trains
*Express Trains
*Demonstration Goods Trains
*Trains into the evening on Friday & Saturday, Stations lit by Gas light
*Brake Van Rides at Ingrow West using No. 1704 'Nunlow'
*Engines on static display during the day with cab access for visitors

NEW: Evening Fish & Chip Special - Saturday Night ONLY - Hauled by No. 43106

The famous "Haworth Haddock" makes it's Gala debut. Fish & Chips from one of the local Fisheries served on board whilst travelling through the delightful Bronte Countryside, hauled by 'The Flying Pig' for one time only. More information soon.

Timetables, fares etc will follow shortly."

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
I really hope they can get 41241 and 957 back in operation soon, they are the mainstays of the line. I will definitely be popping down to catch these two on their final runs.

JamesHorrell

I really hope they can get 41241 and 957 back in operation soon, they are the mainstays of the line. I will definitely be popping down to catch these two on their final runs.

Yep i hope so too as even though 957 isn't used that often it looks the part with the Vintage coachs.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Interesting to see another fish and chip train planned (i am booked on the one the week after!)
Not sure how fast either of the locos will get turned around depends how knackered they are!

MattRobinson

Interesting to see another fish and chip train planned (i am booked on the one the week after!)
Not sure how fast either of the locos will get turned around depends how knackered they are!

41241's firebox crown is somewhat quilted, I'm lead to believe, and requires a lot of work to restore it. Speaking to our boilersmith, it would pretty much need a new firebox.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.