• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kwvr diesel weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Morning

We are visiting the diesel day next week

On the timetable from keighley to damems there is 5 minute wait before the train back to keighley -

Is this enough time or is it possible to miss the train back ?

Which other cross over points are on the route so as to maximise the haulage with out waiting at stations too much

Cheers

Paul

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

caliwag

Well from what I know of KWVR, you'll wonder what to do with the 5 minutes as the passing loop is to the Howarth side of Damens which is about one coach length...request stop mind.

badger1badger

Well from what I know of KWVR, you'll wonder what to do with the 5 minutes as the passing loop is to the Howarth side of Damens which is about one coach length...request stop mind.

Ah ok - just trying to be as flexible as possible

Which coach stops at the platform ?

Paul

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Ah ok - just trying to be as flexible as possible

Which coach stops at the platform ?

Paul

In normal service the carriage behind the loco stops at damems i presume it will be the same on the diesel weekend, ask staff to be sure though.
And even if your train from keighley to damems is 15 minutes late it is impossible to miss the train coming back down. Damems is a single platform before the loop so the train you get from keighley to damems has to leave damems and go into the loop before the other service to keighley can come into damems. So 5 minutes is definitely enough :)

badger1badger

In normal service the carriage behind the loco stops at damems i presume it will be the same on the diesel weekend, ask staff to be sure though.
And even if your train from keighley to damems is 15 minutes late it is impossible to miss the train coming back down. Damems is a single platform before the loop so the train you get from keighley to damems has to leave damems and go into the loop before the other service to keighley can come into damems. So 5 minutes is definitely enough :)

Great yb - thanks

JamesHorrell

The Coach which pulls into the station on all events is the first coach and also damems station is good for swaping trains,If you want to go back down to keighley and then oakworth if you want to go back up to haworth as damems loop is the only place 2 trains can pass and if you get off at damems or oakworh they is usally a 10-20 min wait for another train.

Status
Not open for further replies.