• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KWVR Winter Steam Gala 10th-12th Febuary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven1054

Its almost here, one of the best steam galas of the year (in my opinion XD). The Keighley and Worth Valley Railway's winter steam gala!!!!! The Winter Steam Gala takes place between Friday 10th - Sunday 12th February 2012 featuring up to 7 locomotives in steam including recently restored LNWR 'Coal Tank' owned by the National Trust, appearing in British Railways livery for the first time in preservation as no. 58926 paired with LNWR 'Super D' No. 49395.
49395 Will be renumbered for the FIRST TIME EVER to run as the following:
Friday 49121
Saturday 49442 - This is P Waterman's favourite Super D.
Sunday 49395 (the locomotives usual number).

Friday Highlights:
1245 Express from Keighley to be 49395 + 58926, recreating the famous train that ran with this very Coal Tank and 49121.
I hope many of you can come as this will be a fantastic event.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Surely the snow makes this an even better attraction for anyone thinking of going next weekend... presuming it stays there.

I cant... but sooo wish i would.

Last edited:

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Sadly, unless there is another fall, it is all going to be gone around here by the end of the day.

Although for the railway I suppose this is a plus, would probably cut the number of visitors down a lot if there was snow on the roads.

4SRKT

Established Member
Looking forward to doing this on Friday, although pre-grouping stuff is not really my thing. The Super D will be great though if we have to have these old timers out ;)-)), and the 'express' working at 12:45 the highlight of the day IMHO.

Will be a tight one, as I have to drop the kids at school in Shipley, then leg it down to the station for the 09:02 Carlisle, which will get me onto the 09:25 departure to Oxenhope. If I were to miss this it would hardly be worth paying the £16 as I'd only get two out-and-backs before having to go back to Shippers to get them out of school again.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Lets also hope someone doesnt leave the gas on again as the line was shut yesterday when a local cottage blew up.

4SRKT

Established Member
Lets also hope someone doesnt leave the gas on again as the line was shut yesterday when a local cottage blew up.

Still, it got the 25 out according to my mate who got some good shots of it, so it's an ill wind as they say.......

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Still, it got the 25 out according to my mate who got some good shots of it, so it's an ill wind as they say.......

Well yes, wish i was there. Although i would of been civil so actually im glad i wasn't, as we had some fallen trees too.

P.S breakfast club for the kids!

Last edited:

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Bit of a mix up this morning I hear, not being able to couple the Coal Tank and the Super-D?

Things seemed fine when I popped down over lunch, if running a little late.

4SRKT

Established Member
Everything running 15 minutes late when I was down for the 12:45 LNWR 'express' and 13:40 return. Still, that amount of late running is normal for KWVR galas in my experience (and it's hardly better on normal 2-engine-in-steam Sundays). Was a very good run though, although the steam heat only appeared to be connected up at Oxenhope, with pretty much zero effect by Keighley.

Status
Not open for further replies.