• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

KWVR Winter Weekends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Lovely shots of a lovely loco. One of my favourite locos simply for the noise it makes while coasting backwards towards keighley.

4SRKT

Established Member
I haven't been behind 43924 since it came back out. I've seen it a few times while running errands in Keighley (I always drive into the town via the maze of industrial streets near the station to keep up to date with what's running), and I'm looking forward to having a go ASAP. It was a mainstay of the KWVR in my early-'80s steam heyday and I've some good memories of it. Unfortunately it seems a bearded, jolly, rotund gentleman will be emptying his sack at the KWVR every weekend from now into the foreseeable, so the only action available to 'normals' (as I am in this circumstance) will be a ride in a DMU. At least the KWVR are offering some sort of service to those not interested in Christmas, so hats off to them for that!

cksteam

Nice photos. I don't recognise the location for this shot is it accessible or only to pass holders?

No its the public footpath from Ebor Lane. From it you can just about see Myholmes tunnel. Unfortunately when i took that particular shot i slipped on some wet paving. Otherwise i would have avoided getting the wall in it!

James is correct in that most of these shots are from the Railway Children/Worth Way footpath. I find most of the best scenery is from Oakworth to Oxenhope on this line and am lucky enough to live fairly close by.

Thankfully my lineside pass has now come through so I will be able to try some different locations that I haven't been able to access before now.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I haven't been behind 43924 since it came back out. I've seen it a few times while running errands in Keighley (I always drive into the town via the maze of industrial streets near the station to keep up to date with what's running), and I'm looking forward to having a go ASAP. It was a mainstay of the KWVR in my early-'80s steam heyday and I've some good memories of it. Unfortunately it seems a bearded, jolly, rotund gentleman will be emptying his sack at the KWVR every weekend from now into the foreseeable, so the only action available to 'normals' (as I am in this circumstance) will be a ride in a DMU. At least the KWVR are offering some sort of service to those not interested in Christmas, so hats off to them for that!

Ive ridden it a lot as it is one of there only working engines at the moment, its an excellent loco. Does a grand job.

Status
Not open for further replies.