KWVR Winter Weekends

Discussion in 'Photography Sites, Blogs & Videos' started by cksteam, 20 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cksteam

cksteam Member

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. YorkshireBear

YorkshireBear Established Member

Lovely shots of a lovely loco. One of my favourite locos simply for the noise it makes while coasting backwards towards keighley.

4. 4SRKT

4SRKT Established Member

I haven't been behind 43924 since it came back out. I've seen it a few times while running errands in Keighley (I always drive into the town via the maze of industrial streets near the station to keep up to date with what's running), and I'm looking forward to having a go ASAP. It was a mainstay of the KWVR in my early-'80s steam heyday and I've some good memories of it. Unfortunately it seems a bearded, jolly, rotund gentleman will be emptying his sack at the KWVR every weekend from now into the foreseeable, so the only action available to 'normals' (as I am in this circumstance) will be a ride in a DMU. At least the KWVR are offering some sort of service to those not interested in Christmas, so hats off to them for that!

5. cksteam

cksteam Member

Thanks. Always appreciative of good feedback!

6. Tim R-T-C

Tim R-T-C Established Member

Nice photos. I don't recognise the location for this shot is it accessible or only to pass holders?

7. JamesHorrell

JamesHorrell Member

I Think so but its like this was taken between Haworth and Oxenhope on the Railway Childern Walkway which i know runs along side the railway.

8. cksteam

cksteam Member

No its the public footpath from Ebor Lane. From it you can just about see Myholmes tunnel. Unfortunately when i took that particular shot i slipped on some wet paving. Otherwise i would have avoided getting the wall in it!

James is correct in that most of these shots are from the Railway Children/Worth Way footpath. I find most of the best scenery is from Oakworth to Oxenhope on this line and am lucky enough to live fairly close by.

Thankfully my lineside pass has now come through so I will be able to try some different locations that I haven't been able to access before now.

9. YorkshireBear

YorkshireBear Established Member

Ive ridden it a lot as it is one of there only working engines at the moment, its an excellent loco. Does a grand job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.