• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lancashire bus news

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Quite a few Lancashire cancellations on VOSA

PC0001439/170 Cancelled
HOLMESWOOD COACHES LTD
Route: Chorley Interchange to Lord Street, Southport (Morrisons)
Service number: 347
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 09 Dec 2017

PC0001439/169 Cancelled
HOLMESWOOD COACHES LTD
Route: Burnley Bus Station to Colne Library
Service number: 95

PC0001439/167 Cancelled
HOLMESWOOD COACHES LTD
Route: Burnley Bus Station to Burnley Bus Station
Service number: 14 (15)

PC0001439/168 Cancelled
HOLMESWOOD COACHES LTD
Route: Nelson Interchange to Burnley Bus Station
Service number: 65

PC0001870/104 Cancelled
JOHN SHAW & SON LTD
Route: Lancaster Railway Station to Clitheroe Interchange via Bentham, Clapham, Gisburn, Slaidburn
Service number: Bowland Explorer 833
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 12 Nov 2017

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
It has been confirmed that all the new tender for the new services will start on December 10th.

Many services will be enhanced with some mergers of existing services.

The total subsidised service budget will rise to 3 million from 2 million.

Stan Drews

Established Member
Has anyone seen any evidence of any contract awards and timetables yet?

Preston Bus have picked up the revised Ribble Valley network from Pilkingtons, and Stagecoach have regained the evening and Sunday 24A/109 from Avacab.

Shrimper

Surprised that it has not come in Stagecoach Gold livery, as it certainly looks up to the spec for it.
Sam
I get the feeling that 'gold' is the new as delivered standard for most Stagecoach buses now; rendering the branding superfluous.

I also wonder if the 'gold' is perceived to be premium at a premium price which might not be right for all markets.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I get the feeling that 'gold' is the new as delivered standard for most Stagecoach buses now; rendering the branding superfluous.

May well be the case - you have to start somewhere. I have noticed that the newer Arriva buses in MK are to a nicer standard (no silly blue LEDs and the same interior) as Sapphire, though the very newest Sapphire buses have 2+1 seating with spacers and armrests in the low floor bit which is very nice (and a return to Arriva's original concept which because of that is superior to the others).

pemma

Veteran Member
May well be the case - you have to start somewhere. I have noticed that the newer Arriva buses in MK are to a nicer standard (no silly blue LEDs and the same interior) as Sapphire, though the very newest Sapphire buses have 2+1 seating with spacers and armrests in the low floor bit which is very nice (and a return to Arriva's original concept which because of that is superior to the others).

Arriva North West have said something like 90% of services will get wifi in the next couple of years but haven't said anything about 90% of services being Sapphire branded. I've noticed the new minibuses they've introduced have wifi and leather seats. There's also a few non-Sapphire branded vehicles that have received leather seat covers as part of a refresh.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Was there any gauge on how well the Bowland Explorer did?
When I used it from Clitheroe to Lancaster there was a total of 4 people including myself, however it was raining on the day of my trip it so that may have been the reason that it was not busy.
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.