• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lancashire Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Dear all,

Tomorrow (18/04/15) i am off to Lancaster v Darlington. I have an advance MKC - Manchester ticket (arrive 09:07) and an advance Manchester to MKC ticket which departs at 19:35.

to fill the time in before kick off at 15:00 i am thinking of buying a Lancashire Day Ranger and would like some advice.

is it possible to do both Blackpool branches and the walk between the two and still meet the Heysham train at Lancaster?

If not which of the three branches can i cover or would you recommend i cover?

Also i need to fill in the time & journey back to Manchester & i am looking for ideas. kick off is 15:00 and i can leave Lancaster at 17:00

thanks in advance

PS can i buy the rover in MKC this evening?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Iskra

Established Member
Ah, the Giant Axe. How Darlo have fallen...

Surely if it comes down to it, the Heysham branch would have to take preference as that has the worst/most unique service (if you're going as far as Heysham Harbour that is).

You should be able to get it in MK.

Bevan Price

Established Member
Dependent on how fast you can walk, it will probably take between 20 - 30 minutes from Blackpool South to Blackpool North. You can reduce the time if you catch a bus for part of the journey. If using Blackpool South first, turn left outside the station; at the traffic lights, cross the road and turn left; short walk to bus stop. See Blackpool Transport route map; timetables can be downloaded from same site. Bus service 11 passes fairly close to North station.

http://www.blackpooltransport.com/services/maps

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Ah, the Giant Axe. How Darlo have fallen...

Surely if it comes down to it, the Heysham branch would have to take preference as that has the worst/most unique service (if you're going as far as Heysham Harbour that is).

You should be able to get it in MK.

We will rise again. Various people tried to kill us and we are still alive and kicking!

I think it will have to be Heysham only as i cant seem to make Blackpool work unless anyone can come up with a good idea.

Will have to look for a plan B...........

LeylandLen

Are you familiar with layout of Man Piccadilly? Its a bit of a walk if you exit plat 6 at ticket barrier and walk all the way around to plat 14 for Blackpool trains, but there is a connecting overbrige about halfway down platforms where London trains arrive which connects to platforms 13/14. If you plan to catch 0916 Pic to Blackpool North , time could be tight as you arrive 0907 platform 6.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Are you familiar with layout of Man Piccadilly? Its a bit of a walk if you exit plat 6 at ticket barrier and walk all the way around to plat 14 for Blackpool trains, but there is a connecting overbrige about halfway down platforms where London trains arrive which connects to platforms 13/14. If you plan to catch 0916 Pic to Blackpool North , time could be tight as you arrive 0907 platform 6.

cheers - i know it well - i will get my self in coach U so i can be over the bridge sharpish.

I still dont think i can do both Blackpools and Heysham sadly

Last edited:

LeylandLen

ok I see from RTT your train arrived 3 mins early at Picadilly ! So more time to enjoy the lovely sunshine we have 'up north ' !! So should be nice day in Blackpool, nice walk between the staions ! Looking at RTT timings are difficult given you if want to be Lancaster for 1500 if you want to go to Heysham. Never mind, come again soon for another lovely day in sunny Lancs !

DarloRich

Veteran Member
It was a nice day out apart from the match. In the end i went to Blackpool North ( more to come on that!) and pottered around and went for a ride on the trams and wandered along the front
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
EDIT - i meant to say if you happen to visit Blackpool in the summer do go for a trip on one of the historic trams. They run from the north pier to the pleasure beach, non stop, and a return is only £3

http://www.blackpooltransport.com/services/heritage-trams
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
http://www.blackpoolcivictrust.org.uk/HeritageTrams.html ( timetable here)

Status
Not open for further replies.