• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Landslip at Sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Edders23

I think these will be a regular occurrence until this constant rain eases off

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Lines were reopened at 08:42, with a 20 mph speed restriction in place on the up line. Normal line speed on the down line. The damage isn't quite as bad as first feared. An inspection will take place once an hour, to ensure that the track is still in a safe condition to run services through the area affected.

Class 170101

Established Member
Is the 'landslip' in such a location that some services could be re-routed via Tinsley instead to ease pressure in the area?

syorksdeano

Is the 'landslip' in such a location that some services could be re-routed via Tinsley instead to ease pressure in the area?
I'm assuming this is the area concerned

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200301_123514_com.chrome.beta.jpg
    Screenshot_20200301_123514_com.chrome.beta.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 129

syorksdeano

Doesn't Sheffield have a temporary speed restriction to the south of the station as well or has that ended?

mspljd1990

I saw today on train-track.co.uk that TPE services from Manchester to Sheffield were going via Huddersfield, would this have anything to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.