• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lapworth to Stratford-upon-Avon options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toffeedanish

I am looking to do a return journey from Lapworth to Stratford-upon-Avon tomorrow (Saturday).

National Rail's app advises changing at Solihull, but gives no fares for this. I presume this is because this is the quickest route with the shortest connection time, but is disallowed in ticketing terms because of the double-back through Lapworth itself?

I'd like to change at Dorridge, but no tickets are available for this, again I presume this is because of the double-back through Lapworth?

A £5.10 return is available, with an itinerary of changing at Hatton. This, however, would involve too long sitting at the isolated Hatton station. Could I change at Warwick? Or would this be disallowed too because of the double-back through Hatton (and Warwick Parkway)? I am getting mixed results about this from journey planners.

A £7 return is available which still does not appear to allow changing at Dorridge (or Solihull), but does allow travel all the way to Birmingham Moor Street and then back out again via the Whitlocks End route. This is despite a double back through Tyseley and other stations? This seems illogical to me, but I wouldn't mind having a break of journey in Brum.

Have I understood my options correctly? Have I missed anything? Is there a clever way of ticketing this awkward journey?

Status
Not open for further replies.