• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Large Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The 37 Fan

Very funny, listing the photo of one loco, however you fogot to list the photo of the 50 other locomotives in the collection!!!!

Dennis

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
Very funny, listing the photo of one loco, however you fogot to list the photo of the 50 other locomotives in the collection!!!!

It was a bit sarcastic of me; many apologies. I do find it interesting to see pictures of this type and it's good that someone has the inclination not only to go out and get them but also to share them with us.

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Nice photo's on your collection....

Especially the EWS 37405.... But I removed that ugly tower.. wich resulted in this.
374051hv.png

The 37 Fan

May I ask how you got that photo??? As my fotopic site is protected so that no copies of photos can be made??? Its not an issue anyway.

Nice job anyway.

devon_metro

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
May I ask how you got that photo??? As my fotopic site is protoected so that no copies of photos can be made???

Nice job anyway.

Could he possibly not have screenshotted ;)

Muppet

dvn1357 said:
Could he possibly not have screenshotted ;)

U can highlite the pictures then click file save as

or there is a button on some for full size which u can download off it

devon_metro

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
Ture but photo is too dark also no caption text is on the image, like in the original.

Notice on the original there is more ground beneath the loco so could have been cut off

The 37 Fan

Rhys said:
U can highlite the pictures then click file save as

or there is a button on some for full size which u can download off it

I have lost rid of the features on my fotopic site, also I am a premium user.
--- edited ---
dvn1357 said:
Notice on the original there is more ground beneath the loco so could have been cut off

Yes, well however its been done, its not good, I recon its from a Locoscene forum where the pic is

Hi,

not as though I have tried this before but just testing on your site Michael, it can easily be saved by clicking on your photo to open the photograph then go onto File Save Page As and in the directory you save it to it stores the photograph into the folder along with the icons on your site for example. Image Info, Comments buttons that appear on that page

happy to help, this shows that photographs can still be taken/stolen!

Paul

The 37 Fan

That cant happen on my site, just try it, not right clicks, cant double click for larger image, no see full size image, so that doesnt make sence.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Its not that. I am viewing the html source which I can find the image link in

The 37 Fan

Ok yes I understand.

Just a quick note, not that any of the nice guys on here would consider it...

Should I find one of my pictures on ANY website without my permission for the photo being used I will take action on copyright grounds.

I have allmy photographs backed up so it is known perfectly well which photos are mine, and should they appear on someone elses fotopic site I will be in contact with fotopic regardng the site being shut down, and further cation may be taken should the photo not be removed.

HOWEVER should the photo be credited to me ie "Photo courtsey of Michael Wright" I dont mind.

I am not saying the above applies to you at all, but just incase.

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Correct... I cropped it a bit to make it look better.

And I used the Screenshot option. In other words.... protecting images is useless. Besides that... you don't allow people to use your picture for their desktops... A lot of railway enhousiasts do have railway photo's of other photographers on their desktop.

NOTE:

I didnt steal your picture becouse I am not USING it. All I wanted to show you that it looks better if you had removed that ugly tower and cropped it a bit....... Thats all.

Sprog

Established Member
The 37 Fan said:
Ok yes I understand.

Just a quick note, not that any of the nice guys on here would consider it...

Should I find one of my pictures on ANY website without my permission for the photo being used I will take action on copyright grounds.

I have allmy photographs backed up so it is known perfectly well which photos are mine, and should they appear on someone elses fotopic site I will be in contact with fotopic regardng the site being shut down, and further cation may be taken should the photo not be removed.

HOWEVER should the photo be credited to me ie "Photo courtsey of Michael Wright" I dont mind.

I am not saying the above applies to you at all, but just incase.

WTF!?

Bloody hell....why are you making such a big fuss FFS?

Crikes, its just a picture of a 37. So what, you go on a depot............Very well done :roll:, but i dont think anyones sad enough to go around nicking your phots. Holland On Rail was jsut experimenting and trying something out.

Calm down and stop b*tching!

Craig

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
Bloody hell....why are you making such a big fuss FFS?
Because each of the million and one photos of every loco are so good someone might want to steal one?

Met Driver

Established Member
SPM, mate, that was kinda unnecessary... Holland on Rail has already explained all that, albeit in a more subtle manner than yourself. ;) Incidentally, if Michael wants to impose draconian measures to prevent people from reproducing his images without permission, that's his choice - let's just leave him to it.

Now, can we all please try and be just a little more amicable in future?

Sprog

Established Member
Craig said:
Because each of the million and one photos of every loco are so good someone might want to steal one?

Arg, but.....its just a phot. ONE phot! :sad2: :roll:

You know youve taken it, we know youve taken it

So what if some veg head nicks it.....? :sleepy2:

I should imagine some moron has prob nicked MY precious nightshots of the back-to-back HSTs at Temple Meads and branded them around, but do i care!? I mean, they where RARE and at a publishing standard, but do i care...?

COMPUTER SAYS NO! :dark1:
--- edited ---
Seth said:
SPM, mate, that was kinda unnecessary... Holland on Rail has already explained all that, albeit in a more subtle manner than yourself. ;) Incidentally, if Michael wants to impose draconian measures to prevent people from reproducing his images without permission, that's his choice - let's just leave him to it.

Now, can we all please try and be just a little more amicable in future?
Fair enough dude, but theres no need to come on here all guns blazing telling us "if we nick his phots bah, blah, blah"........

Its pathetic IMO...........

Met Driver

Established Member
spm_43030 said:
Faur enough, but theres no need to come on here all guns blazing telling us if we ick his phots bah, blah, blah........

Its pathetic IMO...........

Maybe so, but if that's how he wants to play things, we have to respect that whether or not we think his wishes are draconian, pathetic, whatever... That's just the way it is. The same would apply if, say, you decided to impose similar measures; people would have to respect them.

Sprog

Established Member
Seth said:
Maybe so, but if that's how he wants to play things, we have to respect that whether or not we think his wishes are draconian, pathetic, whatever... That's just the way it is. The same would apply if, say, you decided to impose similar measures; people would have to respect them.

Yesh!......again, i appreicate this, but there was no need 4 him to issue this:

I think thats very rude and presumptous of him. And for that he deserves abit of a rolloxing!

I know he starts it by saying *suck, suck* i know you lot wouldnt etc. *suck, suck*, but in that case, why would he even need to post it.....

Anyway, whatever. Also, im not bothered about copyrights. If some little bugger wants to steal my phots, then fine!

Its like cheating in an exam for example........you arent getting anywhere, your just cheating yourself!..........

Met Driver

Established Member
Right, I'm putting this one to bed now. You don't need to be clairvoyant to work out where this is gonna head otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.