• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Largest town on the rail network without a staffed station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Established Member
Livingston has a population of over 60000 but neither of the stations are staffed. Is there anywhere larger on the rail network that doesn't have a staffed station?

EDIT: I should have said settlement rather than town as I want to include cities in this.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Livingston is roughly twice the size of Pontefract.

I can't think of anywhere that can trump Livingston.

Eagle

Established Member
Can't do any better.

Nantwich is a lot smaller than I thought (only half the size of Kenilworth, and that sure as hell doesn't have a staffed station). In fact Penrhiwceiber/Mountain Ash seems to be larger than Nantwich.

p123

This may well be cheating but... Glasgow?

Bellgrove doesn't have any staff!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Isleworth in SW London is as far as I know, with ~750,000 in Thursday's figures; then Steeton & Silsden at 600,000 I think. Livingston North is 250,000-400,000 at a guess, I can't check right now though :)

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Ah, getting my numbers muddled - I did only have a quick glance! Those two plus Steeton were the highest I could find.

12CSVT

Established Member
But Glasgow does have at least one staffed station... Glasgow Central off the top of my head.

And Queen Street, Charing Cross, Dalmuir, Hyndland, Westerton, Newton, Partick just to name a few

PinzaC55

I know. I had a senior moment and couldn't figure out how to delete my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.