• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Last Day Of A Stock On The Met Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dstock7080

Established Member
They are going to prohibit children under 11 for the tour? What a shame! All people of all ages should go to the last A stock train!
Then say "goodbye" a few days earlier for the usual price of a Travelcard/Oyster with no age restrictions! As already mentioned Weds 26 Sept T412.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thats what I did with the 150s; caught 150105 a few days before the LM tour and then caught 150001 not long before as well. But even after the tour 150s were still staying in service including 150001, was pretty strange. The farewell tour that wasn't really for a month or so!

12CSVT

Established Member
Then say "goodbye" a few days earlier for the usual price of a Travelcard/Oyster with no age restrictions! As already mentioned Weds 26 Sept T412.

Does anybody have the full diagram for this working ?

bronzeonion

On what grounds are they banning under 11s?!:-x

My son ( who is 6 in mid October ) was really looking forwards to this tour but he obviously cannot go on it now. Looks like his only A stock ride will remain the short King's Cross - Baker Street hop we managed for him early this year.:(

I think that age restriction is ridiculous, i'd say bring him along anyway I doubt they'd refuse you and your son on the spot.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Does anybody have the full diagram for this working ?

Train 412 is scheduled for

0802 Wembley Park - Watford 0830
0840 Watford - Baker Street 0922
0928 Baker Street - Amersham 1022
1047 Amersham - Aldgate 1159
1212 Aldgate - Amersham 1322
1347 Amersham - Aldgate 1459
1512 Aldgate - Amersham 1622
1646 Amersham - Aldgate 1801
1808 Aldgate - Watford 1907
1917 Watford - Harrow-on-the-Hill 1939

Last edited:

Established Member

Good to see that it's doing Amersham runs for most of the day! Does anyone know if this diagram includes fast services in the evening peak?

With regards to the price of the tour - I'm sure the 1967 Stock one was also for charity, yet it was cheaper and included some non-passenger track!

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Northbound: 08.02½ runs semi-fast Wembley Park plat 1 to Harrow on the Hill.
Southbound: 08.40½ runs semi-fast Harrow on the Hill to Finchley Road.
Northbound: 18.08 runs semi-fast Wembley Park plat 1 to Harrow on the Hill.

All other trips call at all stations.

tnxrail

Does anyone no what situation will be for filming was thinking of going to see this would we need ask at station or would they no and what watford station is it if anyone knows thanks.

12CSVT

Established Member
Looking at the London Transport Museum website at 11:00 this morning, tickets for the A stock tour are not on sale yet.

Last edited:

They are, because ive booked it.

I suggest do a google search for, London Transport Museum Online tickets , Then just click on the event.

Hope this helps.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry forgot to mention. When you get on the online ticket page, there is a orange box with 'Express Tickets' inside it. Below there are 3 boxes, click on the 1st box and scroll down to a-stock farewell, then click on book. that should get you started.

Last edited:

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
You can also phone the ticket office direct and book via phone. I've had problems with the LTM online booking system in the past, so prefer to do it via phone. The tickets are apparently selling fairly quickly - but still plenty of seats left. The ticket also includes access to the LTM Museum depot open weekend on the 6th and 7th October.

CC 72100

Established Member
Does anyone know if there are any booked A stock workings before Wednesday 26th?

Yes, I'm wondering the same too. I know it is unlikely, although if one fancied showing up this Thursday, it would be appreciated ;)

Established Member
Does anyone know if there are any booked A stock workings before Wednesday 26th?

As far as I'm aware it tends to be very hit and miss whether any are out, and it's very unlikely any will be before the 26th as they're only to cover for unavailable S Stock.

12CSVT

Established Member
Finally managed to book my ticket for the A stock tour but it has been a very long drawn out process.
The phone number for LTM just had an answerphone message (at around 12 noon Tuesday 4th), so then went through the long process of booking online. However this isn't the end of the matter as I now have to collect my ticket from 'the ticket office'. So I'll now have to phone LTM again (hopefully the phone line will be manned this time) to find out where 'the ticket office' is, as it doesn't say on the booking confirmation.

BTW seats in the DM cars are almost sold out, the tour being about 75% booked already.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I deliberately booked myself in a trailer car - although a seat in the DMs is great, the trailers make up for it with compressor noise. I'm in trailer car C, where's everyone else been allocated?

RPM

Established Member
I noticed earlier in the week that one of the remaining A stock sets on standby at Neasden had suffered quite a substantial graffiti attack. Wonder if they will bother cleaning it up now.

TheVicLine

I noticed earlier in the week that one of the remaining A stock sets on standby at Neasden had suffered quite a substantial graffiti attack. Wonder if they will bother cleaning it up now.

LU has a policy that no tube stock can run for more than 24 hours with graffiti on it. If the train is to be used for pasenger service or even just to shunt around the depot then it will be cleaned.

SteamontheMet

Any idea where this has come from? I know it's been bandied about on various forums but there's been no mention of it at the coal face. How definite is it?

I was told by a friend who is a Metropolitan Line Driver, so its Unoffical , see my earlier post on Page 2.

That is the 26th Timetable for an A Stock if an S8 Stock is out of service?

Last edited:

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I am told that there is at least one unit of A stock out and about today if anyone is interested. Afraid I can't give any more information than that, sorry!

tnxrail

If no one has posted this from http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/whats-on/events/vehicles-on-the-move

Last A stock rail tour

Date: Saturday 29th September

Metropolitan line

The rail tour will run from Moorgate at 09:55 to all Metropolitan line stations, finishing at Wembley Park station at 16:00.

Photography will be allowed throughout the day, however flash photography is not permitted on any part of London Underground.

There will be a retail stand at Amersham Station, where the Museum will be selling a selection of A Stock memorabilia and other related retail items. You are also able to buy a raffle ticket, which will enter you into the prize draw for the special headboard, which has been created for this run.

urban469

I was told by a friend who is a Metropolitan Line Driver, so its Unoffical , see my earlier post on Page 2.

That is the 26th Timetable for an A Stock if an S8 Stock is out of service?

Any update on this? Does this diagram still look valid? And is this certain to happen? Or is it just a backup in case an S8 is out of service?

es373

The graffiti incident happened on the Klondike stabling road where the wheel lathe is located. The unit has since been cleaned and it has been announced that no units are to be stabled overnight on the Klondike. Whether this is a temporary practice I'm not sure.

If you are looking for a timetable, I found this poster.

http://www.ltmuseumshop.co.uk/exclu...-timetable-last-a-stock-rail-tour-poster.html

Havent looked to see if its been posted previously.

SteamontheMet

Any update on this? Does this diagram still look valid? And is this certain to happen? Or is it just a backup in case an S8 is out of service?

I have been told by my Friend who is Met Driver (who will also be One of Two Drivers operating on the A stock Farewell Tour, 29/09/12) that those are the official times for the last A Stock (Train 412) in public passenger service over Metropolitan Line on the 26/09/12. I'll next see him on Friday Evening so I will try and draw as much Info out then

TheVicLine

Was at Neasden Depot today and they said that the last A Stock train will remain in the depot until the Heritage run on the 29th.
I guess if there was a failure of S Stock and the line was going to be short for service then they would run it, but there are no plans to otherwise.

TheVicLine

Right ignore my last post :D

Spoke to Met Line Fleet Manager and he says that the train will be out in passenger service on 26th. He didn't know the train set number or have any further info but said he thinks that the train is pathed to run all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.