• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Last plan V journey on September 25, 2016 in the Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groningen

Established Member
On September 25, 2016 we say goodbye to a train that lasted for more than 50 years on Dutch rails. One can win tickets to join the fairwell if you say how special this plan V was to you.

Timetable:
Maastricht depart 9.37
Eindhoven depart 10.51
Arnhem depart 13.13
Zwolle depart 14.34
Amersfoort depart 16.15
Utrecht Maliebaan arrival 16.33

http://nieuws.ns.nl/de-mat-64-neemt-afscheid-en-jij-kunt-erbij-zijn/

dia5735_groot.JPG

Source: Nico Split (his car (Lada) is on the right)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MarkyT

Established Member
On September 25, 2016 we say goodbye to a train that lasted for more than 50 years on Dutch rails. One can win tickets to join the fairwell if you say how special this plan V was to you.

Classic units, the monkey heads. Among my first memories of Dutch rolling stock from family holidays back in the 1970s. Will any survive in preservation?

Established Member
Thanks for posting this information. Memories of many trips to Holland for me too. I did wonder how much longer they would last, glad I did a trip to Eindhoven last year to ride and photograph them.

Springs Branch

Established Member
I echo the sentiments of the last two posts.

The first train I ever travelled on outside the UK was one of these – happy memories of a short holiday with a vierdagenkaart, riding these units around The Netherlands many years ago.

tony6499

I echo the sentiments of the last two posts.

The first train I ever travelled on outside the UK was one of these – happy memories of a short holiday with a vierdagenkaart, riding these units around The Netherlands many years ago.

Me too, Hook of Holland into Rotterdam IIRC

Established Member
According to Dutch Wikipedia, 876 will be preserved by the Dutch Railway Museum, and 904 by the Mat '64 Society.

Status
Not open for further replies.