• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Late Christmas Present

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ca55ie

Great signalling! Just a few bugs to report...

In my 158 (I changed the train) I only got buzzers at about two of the request stops?

Also, at some locations, when I went over 35mph, I got an error on the top left of the screen saying "Exceeded the signal speed, slow down!".

Sam

Ca55ie said:

In my 158 (I changed the train) I only got buzzers at about two of the request stops?

Also, at some locations, when I went over 35mph, I got an error on the top left of the screen saying "Exceeded the signal speed, slow down!".

Sam

They are request stops, u only stop if there are people wanting to get of, buzzer, or if there people waitng

evil_hippo

Well done Derek, keep up the good work all the way to Carlisle!

I do love having request stops! Is randomisation involved or is it the same every time?

Ca55ie

Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
Ca55ie said:

Sam

They are request stops, u only stop if there are people wanting to get of, buzzer, or if there people waitng

Yep. I was talking about the approach to request stops. I know how it works now but the readme left it a little unclear...

Also, the home signal at Sellafield needs a little bit of work....

Sam

Tomnick

Established Member
Good work - enjoyed driving the route :) . Especially the request stops - nice little touch there!

TAS

Just went for a spin in a Cl58-great route can't wait for the BVE4 Cl156!

Derek Kaye

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Request stops

you should STOP at all station UNLESS you get 2 beats of the signal from the conductor AND there is no-one waiting on the platform

It's also not random (yet). From my thinking, it would require IF commands, and I dont think you can do this with BVE (You would need to sort out people on the platform, if the buzzer is sounded and wheather BVE thinks you should stop or not)

Ca55ie - not sure about this 35mph limit. where did it occour and what route file were you using?

Sellafield Home signal... what is the problem? is it BVE2 or 4 you are using?

Ca55ie

Derek Kaye said:
Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Request stops

you should STOP at all station UNLESS you get 2 beats of the signal from the conductor AND there is no-one waiting on the platform

It's also not random (yet). From my thinking, it would require IF commands, and I dont think you can do this with BVE (You would need to sort out people on the platform, if the buzzer is sounded and wheather BVE thinks you should stop or not)

Ca55ie - not sure about this 35mph limit. where did it occour and what route file were you using?

Sellafield Home signal... what is the problem? is it BVE2 or 4 you are using?

Hi Derek, thanks for the reply.

This 35mph limit occoured on the 156 run that i'm using a 158 on, in BVE4.

And the Sellafield home signal, the wrong signals are being pulled off for each platform! I got the sub arm into the platform on the left when it was unoccupied? IMO I should be getting the main arm on the left for this move! Also, on the 20 run in BVE2, you get the left hand main arm for the platform on the right....this isn't right!

Hope this helps,

Sam

Tomnick

Established Member
I got the 35mph issue on the BVE4 version - think it was between Bootle and Sellafield, though I didn't notice it after a while!

Also got the 'sub' route into the down platform at Sellafield - I assume this is a 'warning' route, rather than a 'call-on', to protect the single line junction? Can't comment on the route into the up platform - haven't tried that one yet!

Derek Kaye

The Sellafield home signal is set to the call on signal because the next signal is at danger. this may be wrong. if it is I'll adjust it in an update. not sure about the Cl20 though.. I thought I'd changed it :oops:

Not sure about the 35mph limit. I'll look into that now.

Derek Kaye

Just looked. the limit between gutterby crossing (north of silecroft) and the 30mph restriction just south of sellafield is 92kmph (60mph). that was for the cl156 run in BVE4. I'm not sure why BVE is stropping then.

Ca55ie

Yep - the call on arm is for calling units on onto another train in the platform... As long as the distant was on and you got checked down at the home, the main arm can be cleared. If the distant is on and the train is being checked down at each signal, the driver has to assume that the next signal is going to be red, so there's no need to use a sub arm :) .

Brilliant route otherwise, really enjoyed playing it. We definately need a class 37 timetable for it!

Sam

Ca55ie

Derek Kaye said:
Just looked. the limit between gutterby crossing (north of silecroft) and the 30mph restriction just south of sellafield is 92kmph (60mph). that was for the cl156 run in BVE4. I'm not sure why BVE is stropping then.

If you carried on past 60, you got the normal speed warning on top of the signal one too..

Sam

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Derek Kaye said:

I'm not entirely certain that you can use an IF Statement to get true randomisation, as an IF Statement requires certain criteria to be met.

EG If Train approaches at 10mph, Then train does not stop, else train must stop. End If

Which isnt really randomisation, it just depends on how the person drives, in which case if you get somebody who drives the same all the time, then the route wont really be random all the time.

Derek Kaye

ah! it was a signal restriction.. that explains it... just ignore it! (I'll work on a patch in due course to set all signal aspects to 60mph)

Jamie: what I meant was that there would be more than one variable that relies on each other, like

IF guard signals AND no passengers on platform, departure time is 'P' (for pass)

IF guard signals AND passengers on platform, departure time is unchanged

IF guard does not signal, departure time is unchanged.

the guard signalling and passengers on plaform would be random variables.

Tom B

Established Member
You could try putting the two-bell sounds at random locations (or are they always on the approach to a station?). Alternatively have two objects next to each other in the Freeobject list and return a random value of one of them, then use that.

Tomnick

Established Member
Ca55ie said:
Yep - the call on arm is for calling units on onto another train in the platform... As long as the distant was on and you got checked down at the home, the main arm can be cleared. If the distant is on and the train is being checked down at each signal, the driver has to assume that the next signal is going to be red, so there's no need to use a sub arm :) .

Brilliant route otherwise, really enjoyed playing it. We definately need a class 37 timetable for it!

Sam
Depends whether it's a call-on arm or not! It seems quite likely, in this case, that it's used to allow trains into the platform under caution, with a move signalled in the opposite direction over the points immediately beyond the platform starter. You'll find a similar arrangement in use on the Great Central at Rothley :) .

Derek Kaye

Cockfosters said:
You could try putting the two-bell sounds at random locations (or are they always on the approach to a station?). Alternatively have two objects next to each other in the Freeobject list and return a random value of one of them, then use that.

I've got no problem in making the buzzer and passengers random.. e.g. there could be buzzer sound (1.wav) and no buzzer (2.wav) so have .announce barrow-carlisle\$RND(1;2).wav

and the same with the passengers.. have a null object. the problem comes in telling BVE wheather the train should stop at the station or not.

Tom B

Established Member
Ah right I see what you mean. I can't think of any way of getting BVE to select a random choice of stations except by IF statements - maybe you could write a program to modify the routefile to create the stopping pattern?

Status
Not open for further replies.