• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Late night Northern unit allocations - Huddersfield-Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonM

As I got off a TPE service at Stalybridge tonight I noticed this service going the other way - it was running as a 158+153!
Is this a normal move for 158s (Huddersfield-Victoria is usually 142/150s, 153s show up on pretty rare occasions) - I haven't seen a 158 in Stalybridge since Northern Spirit days, probably going on for 10 years ago.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evoluzione

You missed the 142 on the rear.

It was a 3 car 158 from Vic which tied up to the 153 and 142 at Huddersfield.

Was a little unusual as the normal booked move is a 150 or 142 out to Huddersfield, tie up to a 158 and drag it back to Vic, then onto Newton Heath.

Last edited:

8J

It's probably to get the 158 back to NH for tanking, fuelling or light maintanence. As far as I know it's a booked working. Most guards will run just the front 142 due to the short platforms.

Northern diagrams have gone totally up the wall this week due to the number of various outages. It's moves like these that square things up as although many workings can be covered in the short term by whatever is available, in the end, it needs to get onto the depots at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.