• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Late release of advance fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

uefacup81

Hi All

Looking to travel back from London to Norwich after 21.00 on 13/07/2016 and 27/07/2016.

At the moment it seems that advance fares still haven't been released for these journeys. I contacted GA's customer service centre a couple of weeks back, and they explained that they still didn't have the timetable as NR were looking to run the ballast cleaning train on those nights.

What's the latest that those fares are likely to be released? Could it be that GA just won't release them at all?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Maybe best to ask in more general terms:

Is there a latest date TOCs can release advance fares?

Is there an obligation for TOCs to release advance fares?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Maybe best to ask in more general terms:

Is there a latest date TOCs can release advance fares?

Is there an obligation for TOCs to release advance fares?
No and no are the simplest answers available.

uefacup81

There are changes listed on the NRE site for 13 July which they say have not yet been uploaded into the Journey Planner yet. Not sure when that page was put up but maybe once the Journey Planner data has been updated the advance tickets will become available?

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/124289.aspx

Thanks for that! Seems to confirm what AGA were telling me.

It's just slightly frustrating as I'd rather train it back if at all possible, but the later it gets the more expensive alternatives will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.