• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lateral thinking puzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

Okay, I'll post a lateral thinking puzzle, and we'll think of some sort of prize for the person who gets the most right. Nothing good though. :lol:

The first one to get a correct answer gets a point. Most points at the end gets my silly rubbishy prize. Isn't that a great deal. It's just a bit of fun.

If you've heard the puzzle before, keep schtum, give others a chance, don't spoil it for them. Also, it's possible to cheat with Google, but I'd think you'd be more honest really. It's just a game.

Scores

TubeChallenger - 4
Craig - 2
London Tube - 2
Simming - 1.5
Marv - 1

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

1. A man lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every day he takes the elevator to go down to the ground floor to go to work or to go shopping. When he returns he takes the elevator to the seventh floor and walks up the stairs to reach his apartment on the tenth floor. He hates walking so why does he do it?

I'll post a clue on Friday evening if nobody's got it by then. Good Luck!

T

Tom

He's too small to reach the button for floor ten in the lift. ;)

jd

2. A man walks into a bar and asks the barman for a glass of water. The barman pulls out a gun and points it at the man. The man says 'Thank you' and walks out.

No clue here.

jd

3.Six drinking glasses stand in a row, with the first three full of water and the next three empty. How can you arrange the six glasses so that no full glass stands next to another full glass, and no empty glass stands next to another empty glass, by only picking up one glass?

T

Tom

Take the middle glass full of water, and pour the water from that glass into the middle of the empty ones, and voila.

jd

Yep, well done Tom.

By the way, the phrase is "et voila", I believe. ;)

Simming

FFF EEE.

you pick up the one thats 2nd in from the left, and pour it into the one thats second in from the right, and put it back?

FEF EFE

jd

4. Two men enter a bar. One is tall and thin, the other is short and round. They both order identical drinks. One lives; the other dies. How is this?

T

Tom

The drinks are poisoned. One person is able to withstand the poison, however the other one isn't.

jd

Possible I suppose, but why would one not be able to withstand it, but the other would? Wrong, I'm afraid.

T

Tom

The poison reacts slower in the other man, so he can call a doctor! :mrgreen:

jd

But again, why would it differ between the two men? Wrong again!

I'll give a clue at a quarter ten past past midnight.

Simming

is the drink an anti-dote (spell) but the short round guy cant reach his drink, whereas the taller guy can?

jd

Okay....

Question 4 Clue

It's not the drink itself that kills them.

Dave A

Do they have a fight because of the drink and one dies for some reason :?

Simming

When the tall guy is ordering his drink, does it strike midnight, and the bar man turns into a warewolf. and hes sees the tall thin guy, and attacks him, but leaves the tiny chappy, cos hes cant see him?

I am really think on a string here

jd

Nope again, Simming. Sorry!

I'll give another clue at 20 past.

T

Tom

Well it's obvious then, when walking out, one walks into a bar. :mrgreen:

T

Tom

They drank concentrated hydrochloric acid. :mrgreen: (Oh no, one of them was already dead!)

Status
Not open for further replies.