• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lateral thinking puzzles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

I'm going now... first to the correct answer wins. If it's not answered by 9pm tomorrow, I'll put you all out of your misery.

Dave A

The tall thin guy had a dead small and round guy inside him <D

Otherwise: This ones hard :D :P :x

Craig

Established Member
jdan said:
Question 4 clue #2

The poison was REALLY cold.
Both drinks contained poisoned ice cubes. The man who died drank his drink slower, allowing the ice cubes to melt and release the posion into the drink.

Simming

its craigs answer, as it fits with the clues. it aint the drinks that kills them, its the ice cubes, and ice cubes are pretty cold

T

Tom

Well, well, well, jdan, you have actually got your answer wrong then.

jd

Craig was correct - Well Done!

Tom, what are you going on about??? Oh, and no point hacking my computer, cos the answer isn't on it!

jd

5. Romeo and Juliet were dead in the middle of the room. All that surrounded them was a pool of water and some broken glass. How did they die?

You might have heard this one before....

T

Tom

They are both fish in a fishbowl, the fishbowl was knocked over, et voila.

jd

6.Is it more correct to say

"The herd of sheep is eating hay in the field"

or

"The herd of sheep are eating hay in the field"?

T

Tom

Neither are correct. It's a 'flock' of sheep, its a 'herd' of cows.

jd

7. Three switches outside a windowless room are connected to three lightbulbs inside the room. How can you determine which switch is connected to which bulb if you are only allowed to enter the room once?

Craig

Established Member
jdan said:
6. Three switches outside a windowless room are connected to three lightbulbs inside the room. How can you determine which switch is connected to which bulb if you are only allowed to enter the room once?
Turn one switch one, leave it on for a while then turn it off. Turn on the second switch then enter the room.

If the bulb is on then the second switch is connected to the bulb. If the bulb is off but warm then the first switch is connected to the bulb. Otherwise the third switch is connected.

jd

8. There is a powercut. A man opens a door in his house and drowns. How is this?

Simming

there was a light inside, and he has a swimming pool, but he didn't see the swimming pool, so drowns

jd

That's not the answer I'm looking for, and the question doesn't actually say he walks anywhere. But I think it's a good answer, so I'll give you half a point for that.

jd

Craig, got any ideas? You did so well with the last two!

Simming

well, if hes in his house, and underwater house, does the power cut means he opens the wrong door, and hes opens the door to the outside by mistake, and then....glub glub glub

Status
Not open for further replies.