• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Latest 442 Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentis

Dont recall ever going on a 159/158 ( I know I havent lived!!!)

Still prefer 442 stock for seating the 444/450 are rubbish and so are Vrgins one seat annoys all range!!!

Hentis

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

332 > 444

Well im yet to travel on a 158/159 so i wouldnt know, (glad to know 5'9" is still regarded as tall) but they do look like the cram alot of seats in them.

LOL at the seating on the Desiros, have ya'll been on the 376s? Their seats make Desiros seats seem like Silentnight beds.

thefab444

Established Member
We've come to an agreement! :)

Whilst I wouldn't say 5* comfort, they are certainly more comfortable than some Mk3s I've been on, and also Pigs. Table seats are best, at least you get somewhere to put your legs (as long as you mind the pole!).

I like 376s, the no frills nature of them is perfect for the services they run. At least they're 2 + 2 like the refurbished SWT 455s, unlike Southern's high back but 2 + 3 retained nature which makes them gloomy and cramped. 376s don't have that nifty bit of longditudual (sp?) seating in one DMSO though, but they are 5 cars long. :)

Established Member

Whilst I wouldn't say 5* comfort, they are certainly more comfortable than some Mk3s I've been on, and also Pigs. Table seats are best, at least you get somewhere to put your legs (as long as you mind the pole!).

I like 376s, the no frills nature of them is perfect for the services they run. At least they're 2 + 2 like the refurbished SWT 455s, unlike Southern's high back but 2 + 3 retained nature which makes them gloomy and cramped. 376s don't have that nifty bit of longditudual (sp?) seating in one DMSO though, but they are 5 cars long. :)

376s are a strange feeling , what agreement?:?

kettlefan

I found the "sofa sinker" seats on 442s perfectly suited to my posture (which is poor). I had my first trip on a 444 today and my god by the end of the journey I was strongly reminded of the Simpsons ep where they all get new chairs in class.

"Mrs Krabuple I'm having back spasms!"

thefab444

Established Member
I presume you all make use of the little ledge provided for your comfort by Siemens?

I don't mind 444 seats and I don't mind 442 seats - unless you get one of those damn broken ones with a bit 'o plastic up your arse. Obviously I have a very good back. :o

Nathan

Still prefer 442 stock for seating the 444/450 are rubbish

I think i prefer 442 seats to 444 ones on the basis that there's no longer any cleaners socket to run a railway on the table :( I never did get the chance in the end!

Probably one of the very few reasons for prefering 442s.

Kris

I think i prefer 442 seats to 444 ones on the basis that there's no longer any cleaners socket to run a railway on the table :( I never did get the chance in the end!

Probably one of the very few reasons for prefering 442s.

Where do they plug the cleaners in on a Disastro then? (I honestly don't know). Even 159's have hoover sockets.

Established Member
Where do they plug the cleaners in on a Disastro then? (I honestly don't know). Even 159's have hoover sockets.

Theres one either end of the coach by the doors somewhere and i think thres one tucked in the middle some where!

There is one coach which has sockets!

Nathan

Theres one either end of the coach by the doors somewhere and i think thres one tucked in the middle some where!

There is one coach which has sockets!

Sounds good to me ;) Except anyone know which coach?

T

Tom

2 coaches with sockets on the 444s, either end of the train, the DMSO and the DMFO...

Kris

They have a weird configuration

DMC1 or 100 coach (Driver Motor Composite)

300 T.O.S.L.W.(Trailer Open Second Lavatory Wheelchair - buffet here too)

400 T.O.S.L. (Trailer Open Second Lavatory)

500 T.O.S.L. (Trailer Open Second Lavatory)

DMC2 or 200 coach (Driver Motor Composite)

Even we struggle to remember the configuration.

Pigs are easy DTF, TSO, MBLS, TSW, DTS.

class 313

Established Member

Oh My!

How can you say Ironing board seats are better than Mk3s!? Also Southern 455s are much better than SWT ones, more seating! But 376s seats are just plastic =\

Coxster

Established Member
How can you say Ironing board seats are better than Mk3s!? Also Southern 455s are much better than SWT ones, more seating! But 376s seats are just plastic =\
I think it's called "an opinion"...

thefab444

Established Member
Oh My!

I think you'll find I was referring to 159s.

And for the record SWT refurbished 455 **** happily over Southern 455s. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.