• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Latest From Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Just thought this was worth highlighting from Shane Roberts on this Derby-Stoke route!

bve1.JPG

bve2.JPG

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
These screenies do look very impressive I think, especially the trees, sky and cooling towers.

just a couple of minor points, the wheels on the 170 seem to have flanges on the outside of the rail and the ballast looks remarkably clean (but who am I to criticise track textures considering the cr*p used on my Clarendon route).

Funny that a couple of the trees in the background look dead - some of the ones near the cooling towers at Berkely are also bereft of foliage...must be acid rain or something.

Looking foward to driving this route.

Harold

Amazing screenies there. I Particularly like the trackwork texture and the scenery.

Nice work!

Sam

I am looking forward to seeing the screenies from Derby Station. This route looks ace :notworth:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I see what Dennis says after re-looking at the shots. But I guess that's minor. The ballast does look new, but then so does a lot of ballast down South Wales and in the Bristol area at this moment in time. Trefforest Estate must have recently received CWR track with new ballast, it looked pretty good!

Good work from Shane on this route, looking forward to the trialling of the route when it's done. From the shots I've seen so far, I daresay I won't be disappointed!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
well I must say, lovely looking route, can't wait for a run on it!

Thanks for the comments. I dont expect it out soon, so dont get your hopes up. Its only about 10% complete.

I may end up releasing just Derby to Tutbury and Hatton and do the rest at a later stage. Who knows just keep looking out!

Sprog

Established Member
S.Ss look good :thumbup:

(Comment edited out by TB - spm, do not use this forum to further a personal argument)

spm_43030 said:
S.Ss look good :thumbup:

(Edited out)

I have spent along time doing that route in my free time for at the end of it will be for your pleasure. It makes me sick when remarks like you have stated above are said when there is no need.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother doing it!

The Snap

Established Member
Bonnie Prince Charlie said:
I have spent along time doing that route in my free time for at the end of it will be for your pleasure. It makes me sick when remarks like you have stated above are said when there is no need.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother doing it!

I agree with you Shane, I think there is no need for remarks that could make an author stop coding. I think spm_43030 should think beofre he speeks. ;)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
spm_43030, that was a bit uncalled for. If you know BPC, then I assume it's a private matter. Please keep disagreements between yourselves off the forum.

Thank you.

The Snap

Established Member
FGWFan said:
spm_43030, that was a bit uncalled for. If you know BPC, then I assume it's a private matter. Please keep disagreements between yourselves off the forum.

Thank you.

Here here, although, however much we say this to people, others still persist on doing it...? :mad: :( Anyway, back on topic, lovely route Shane, and a shorter version will be good to keep us happy. :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.