• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Latest NWM Update (Problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hello Bill,

I had a look at objects download 1 and 2 and it appears its a split file, which would go into one. So, they would be the same folder, but if you download Objects1 and put the objects folder into the appropriate path in the BVE folder, then you download Objects2 and put the folder in the same place, it shouldn't overwrite the original folder completely and it would just move the other files in as there is nothing to overwrite. Works for me anyway.

If I can't be sure, then I'd just put the Objects folder in the right place from Objects1, then open the Objects folder from Objects2 and copy/paste the files into the Objects folder that I put in the BVE directory from Objects1.

Does that make sense :lol: hope it helps!

James.

Wim G.P.R

Object1 also needs to be renamed Object.

Once you have pasted the Object2 file contents in to it.

The route files have not been reconfigured to read both.

TSC are now using a Google site and the maximum you can put on there is 50 mb files, that's why it's been split into two parts.

As one it's slightly too large.

Bill EWS

THanks for your kind replies Lads, it was much appreciated.

I Noted that bthe first Object Folder has a sole Folder inside called 'Common'. I realised that the contenets of Folder 2 should go in the first folder but outside the 'Common' folder. This is what I did. Howerver all these folder are inside the main Folder which is named 'NWM_Open. IN fact the Route and Sound Folder have that same name but inside the repsective Object & Sound Folders . NWM is now running fully.

I have tried a number of route files and I am really impressed with them and it is interesting see some of the changes/up dates, that are mentioned in Steve's pages.

I am getting frame rates of really high rate in all route files. Generally around the 200 + rate but with others touching 3-400 frames.

My thanks to Steve and all he others involved in bringing these updates to us. They wer e worth waiting for. It would be nice if we could see the Cross Birmingham North and Warford-Rugy routes appearing in due course.

Status
Not open for further replies.