• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Latest Photopics Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill EWS

Hi Everyone,
I have just updated a number of railway section from my recent visit to Oregon and Washington. I came across a number of interesting railway centres that I never expected to see. The new sections are:

Tillamook Bay Railway Depot. This was set in what is an Airway Museum and was a nice surprise to find.

Brooklyn Depot and Yard. Another unexpected find and this is the depot where the most famouse steam loco in the States 4449 is stored, along with 700 and 194, the latter still in a heavy state of renovation. There is a nice collection of diesel locos and stock in and around the yard. Howewver, Brooklyn yard is in regular use by Union Pacific and permission should be requested before entering.

Albina Depot and Yard is Union Pacific's main yard in Portland is quite extensive, with a number of places suitable for viewing from either close or from farther away.

On the opposite side of the river is another yard, which I didn't get a name of, but it is busy with tank wagon trains on one side of the main road bridge and containers on the other. Mount Hood stands proud as a background to the eastern flank. This yard is linked with Albina yard on the opposite side of the river via Steel Bridge, which is a road and railway bridge with the MAX tramway also runing over it. It is quite impressive in that both road (upper level) and railway (Lower level) is raised a fair height in the middle to allow boats to pass through.

Garibaldi is a small port town around 100 miles northwest of Portland and is the home of 'The Oregon Coast Scenic Railway', which has an interesting 4-0-4 oil fired locomotive.

The MAX is Portlands light tramway. I didn't have use for the tram during my visit and only saw a tram on the odd ocassion but it appears to be a very well run tramway. The design of the trams are slightly marred in that they have a covered apron over the boggies, which makes the tram appear rather chuncky.

A little earlier I sent up the photographs taken at Westport, way up in Washington, where we came across a marvellous 'Classic Car' display, which I trust you also enjoy viewing.

Two other new collections of late are: Pictures taken while in Aberdeen, Scotland (I say Scotland. in that I visted and stayed overnight in the town of Aberdeen in Washington while I was in the States.

These shots are taken at Waterloo Harbour, Aberdeen, where I came across an EWS Class 67 shunting the harbour siding. A recently new depot has been built to handle Calcium Sludge and it is nice to see the old harbour branch that I worked over back in the 60's, being in use again.

A little later I came across the train parked up in Aberdeen station, where I also took other shots of units and train movements.

And, finally. I enjoyed a visit to the Royal Deeside Railway Group at Milton of Crathes, near Banchory and enjoyed seeing the work going on to reopen a short section of this branch that closed in 1966. I spent an afternoon wioth the gang and shared listening to their plans and telling a few stories of when I worked over the Aberdeen to Ballater line. It was, infact, the first line thast I handled a train over.

And that's my latest collection of railway 'Digital' pictures, which I hope you enjoy browsing. You will find them at: http://billreid678.fotopic.net

Cheers.

BillEWS.

Thread moved to the Transport Photography section - Coxster.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bill EWS

Hi,
I have added some of my recent pictures from visting the National Tramway Museum at Crich on the 28th of Aug 2006. These includes sections on the Classic Road Transport Display, Tractor Parade and the trams that ran throughout the day or were on static display. Previous to this I sent up Railweay pictures taken during my recent holiday in Oregon and Washington.

http://billreid678.fotopic.net/

Hope some of you enjoy viewing them.

Cheers.

BillEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.