• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Laurieston Arches - part of City Union Line in Glasgow

Status
Not open for further replies.

przemoo

Hi all : )

My name is Peter and I am architecture student at The GSA. Working on my final year project my attention was turn towards the Laurieston Arches on Cleland Lane which were forming the part of City Union Line in Glasgow, coming from south towards the St.Enoch station if I am correct.

Facing some difficulties with locating any information about those, I was wondering if you poses any information where I could locate plans, drawings maps and all sorts of architectural drawings regarding this spaces? I already contacted Mitchell Library and city archives as well as National Rail archive but no sign of anything.

Would really appreciate any help or advices,
cheers, Pete

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trackbedjolly

It depends what information you are looking for. For starters you could try the National Records of Scotland; for example this search

http://catalogue.nrscotland.gov.uk/...n&k=City+Union+Line&ko=a&r=&ro=s&df=&dt=&di=y

NB you would need to know exactly where the Arches are in railway terms rather than street terms to find the right record for the item if there is one. I don't know the area well enough to be able to tell you that.
BTW it is difficult to get information about open space below an arch ;)

TJ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.