• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Law on package holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fahad

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there is a law on package holidays for consumers. I had a very bad experience with this tour operator and now they refuse to listen to me. Has anybody else faced this kind of situation ever? Any help would be highly appreciated. Whom should I report to?

Regards.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
There are laws covering Package Holidays. Whether they're of any use will depend on what happened. You'll need to explain more.

Last edited:

Phil.

Established Member
ABTA, Trading Standards, personal letter to their head honcho. What exactly was your problem?

Busaholic

Veteran Member
You need to look up ABTA and ATOL on the internet first and see what info is given on those websites. Don't bother with Trading Standards, in my experience a waste of time, the Saturday financial problem pages of most of the serious newspapers will take up personal cases, and always seem to be featuring tour operators.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I would suggest looking at Citizens Advice's page on the issue here and/or contacting their Consumer Service on 03454 04 05 06. Alternatively visit your local Bureau.

But in short yes there is protections when you have a package holiday but without more detail it'd be impossible to help further.

Status
Not open for further replies.