• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Learn to code with Dennis - tutorial 1-3 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonBVE

Dennis I everytime try loading the route, it gives me a list of error that lead your tutorial route to an end.

Mushroom

When I try and run the route i get a 'Train Not Found' message. This happened both with my original attempt at the code and then using the section on code (what it should look like) at the start of tutorial 2.

Any ideas or remedies?

tubenutter

Mine works but the link to that german site is broken, you may like to fix that.

Thanks again for the tutorial Dennis -- interesting and fun!

Tom B

Established Member
Change the train to one you have in your collection.

Dennis

Established Member
tubenutter said:
Mine works but the link to that german site is broken, you may like to fix that.

Thanks again for the tutorial Dennis -- interesting and fun!

Thats probably me and my freewebs skills - copy and paste the link into the address bar and it will take you there. I'll try nd fix it, thanks for the alert.
[EDIT]
Mushroom said:
When I try and run the route i get a 'Train Not Found' message. This happened both with my original attempt at the code and then using the section on code (what it should look like) at the start of tutorial 2.

Any ideas or remedies?

Make sure the route file is saved in the same directory as your other route files, I use c:\program files\bve\railway\route.dltutorial_1.csv (and my train files are in c:\program files\bve\train\

nutter

I'll send them via MSN to you, as a word document. Just get in contact if you spot me online with you

Is the cab supposed to go really dark, especially strange as dark cabs (tunnels etc) dosen't work on my computer. I get the same problem with the 170 on the edinborough-Aberdeen route

LondonBVE

Nutter not all routes will turn dark when it enter a tunnel. It is to do with the coding.

nutter

I know, what I'm saying is even on routes which are coded like that, it dosen't work, so why does it 'work' on here.

It isn't the nightime cab which comes up, the day cab just goes dark

NORTH STAR

darkavenger38 said:
again dennis well done, i am now coming to grips with coding and may code a short but fun route.....slough to windsor and eten central

Regards
Tom

Tom,

If you're going to have a go at Slough-Windsor, I have some information that will be of great use to you. PM me for more info.
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.