• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Learn to code with Dennis - tutorial 1-4 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
The next installment is now available where we start constructing the track layout necessary for an island platform at the second station.

Modifications to the appearance of the track are also made together with the inclusion of train run sounds.

There is a bit of maths :( and logical thinking involved in this part so take your time and try and understand whats going on. The principles of the diverging curves will be covered again in the next part so don't worry if you just copy the code ad-verbatim at this stage.

The new track texture added also doesn't look quite right. I am not going to use any more of this track in the route until I have corrected it. It is included to demonstrate the principles involved in changing the appearance of objects.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nutter

just finished the tutorial. If i can get it ANYONE can.

Maybe one of these threads should become a sticky so we don't get any 'how do i make a route' questions in future

WELL DONE and keep'em coming, i'm certanly learning a heck of a lot, thanks again 'dennis'

Mushroom

just finished no's 3 & 4 this afternoon. Well done Dennis!!! Im learning loads off them an knowing me will end up using them as refrence in the future!

nutter

Same here. I'm already THINKING of doing the wolves-wellington salop (maybe extending it to shrewsbury) line.

IF I do it will be with very basic (if any) sceneary (other than the essentials) and then releasing patches when I have the time, because I plan on being VERY busy over the next 3 years as an S&T engineering technician (still haven't heard anything yet,expecting it on Wednesday after I go camping for 3 days)

Status
Not open for further replies.