• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Learn to code with Dennis - tutorial 1 now available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
The first installment is now available at http://www.freewebs.com/dennislance/.

This is for complete novices to get started and will allow construction of a driveable route between two stations. I would estimate the time required to complete this tutorial as 30-60mins.

Any questions which arise are likely to be answered in future tutorials.

Feel free to whinge about the appearance of the track - I will show how to change this in the next installment.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
Nice guide Dennis, not that I need it :p ! With be very useful for novices though! ;)

Simon_G

Thanks for starting this project, Dennis - I hope you're getting lots of downloads for part 1 :)

Most certainly but can I just add... you should have used an apostrophe in 'that'. Also 'aint' should really be 'isn't' but apart from that... LOL

tubenutter

Thanks a lot for that, I look forward to the next bit.

I did find the bit about where to save your object files to slightly confusing but that might just be me. I've worked out what you meant anyway.

Jim

Established Member
nutter said:
:roll: :roll: :roll: . We know what he meant. Can we stop posting messages about other peoples spelling. We know what they mean, thats the important bit ain't it
I was joking, and Liam full well knows that...

Dennis

Established Member
dennis63uk said:
Error that i get is:

Line 9
Char 1
Error 'dragObj' is undefined
Code 0

Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what that means :( As you might of guessed, I'm not exactly into website construction.

Let me know if you want the downloads and I'll PM them.

dennis63uk

Dennis said:
Unfortunately I haven't got a clue what that means :( As you might of guessed, I'm not exactly into website construction.

Let me know if you want the downloads and I'll PM them.

I would like them please Dennis. As i'm trying to learn how to make routes myself.

nutter

I haved saved the tutorials as word files (copy and pasted) so if anyone needs them just contact me via MSN.

I have permisssion from Dennis to distribute them via MSN to those who have trouble with the site. I have saved them as Microsoft Word files

Status
Not open for further replies.