• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LED colour Banner Repeaters now in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Webb

Established Member
Maze Hill had a classic "white only" banner repeater installed recently due to a platform extension moving the signal back on the down line.

Now that I understand that one of the main purposes of the green version is actually to allow trains to maintain their speed, I wonder whether the newer style wasn't needed here as most trains will stop at the platform anyway?
Almost certainly. The one I photographed at St Albans City station was only put up prior to the line speed being increased, I think, from 90 to 110mph. The Down Slow banner is on a line with a max speed of, I believe, 80, due to the smaller radius curves through the slow platforms, and most trains, except freights, stop anyway; so that has stayed a two-state white repeater.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.