• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds based XC Customer Hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

anti-pacer

Established Member
Sorry first of all as I don't know the exact title of the role, but I'm talking about the trolley person here.

A friend of mine has had their assessment and interview for the above position, and has been told that a typical day for Leeds based crew will involve trips as far as Glasgow and Plymouth. Given it's a 36 hour week and Plymouth alone would be a 12 hour day, what's a typical day in this role, and is it likely to be a 4 or 5 day week?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Sorry first of all as I don't know the exact title of the role, but I'm talking about the trolley person here.

A friend of mine has had their assessment and interview for the above position, and has been told that a typical day for Leeds based crew will involve trips as far as Glasgow and Plymouth. Given it's a 36 hour week and Plymouth alone would be a 12 hour day, what's a typical day in this role, and is it likely to be a 4 or 5 day week?

Many thanks in advance.
Leeds no longer go to Plymouth. Retail Service Managers go to Bristol and Glasgow whilst First Class Hosts can go to Exeter. I think Leeds tends to be a 5 day week as they dont have many long jobs.

gerryuk

Just out of interest, what about the drivers from Leeds, how far do they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.