• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Bradford Airport (XLB) Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

noddingdonkey

I'm struggling to book a HUD-XLB return ticket, (outbound Sunday 20th March, return Monday 28th March).

I can get outbound times from NRE but it's not showing options for the return leg. Metro's planner, on the other hand, is showing these journeys as existing.

As it's wholly within WYPTE's empire, I can't use PlusBus.

Am I missing something? I've tried other days around the same period with similar results, so I don't think it's related to the Easter holiday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
Looking at brfares.com the only railway fares are singles, or day returns, from Huddersfield to the airport. There are no period returns, and no singles from the airport to Huddersfield. This probably explains why retailers of rail tickets are not offering you a period return, or two singles.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've had a wee look on br fares and my avant also. This is actually quite common for local rail journeys followed by a add on bus connection to an airport.

I will suggest this though - you can get a through single there but on your return you will need to split at Leeds (a single is shewn as £3.60 on my avantix). I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the split tickets on line but a booking office or guard should oblige.

sheff1

Established Member
I will suggest this though - you can get a through single there but on your return you will need to split at Leeds (a single is shewn as £3.60 on my avantix). I'm not sure if you'll be able to get the split tickets on line but a booking office or guard should oblige.

The return bus fare from Leeds to the Airport is only £6 and is valid for 28 days.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I'm struggling to book a HUD-XLB return ticket, (outbound Sunday 20th March, return Monday 28th March).

I can get outbound times from NRE but it's not showing options for the return leg. Metro's planner, on the other hand, is showing these journeys as existing.

As it's wholly within WYPTE's empire, I can't use PlusBus.

Am I missing something? I've tried other days around the same period with similar results, so I don't think it's related to the Easter holiday.

The timetable data used by booking engines for the Leeds Airport bus only goes up to Easter - dates from Good Friday (25th March) onwards don't appear to have been input yet. It's a similar situation to the one reported occasionally with passengers being unable to book Sailrail tickets to Irish stations because the Irish timetable data hasn't been input; the Leeds Airport bus schedules come from the same source.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
If there's daylight and you have no luggage, consider walking. Its a 3 mile, 1 hour (no pavements) walk from Horsforth station along Scotland Lane. If its dry you can even take the footpath through the fields that runs between the railway line and Scotland Lane. It's quite pleasant if you don't run, slip and fall into some mud like I did

Status
Not open for further replies.