• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds-King's Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Hello everyone

We are getting the 07:44 leeds to London on Saturday

But it seems to be not going via west gate - just wondering why this is ?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It is going via Westgate but does not appear to be calling but I'm not quite sure why.

Philip C

It is going via Westgate but does not appear to be calling but I'm not quite sure why.

My daughter travelled on this train on Saturday March 19th (this year) and reported it as running via Hambleton West & South Junctions (as RTT suggests it will on April 23rd). As this is the through train from Skipton, reversal is avoided at Leeds station and the Virgin East Coast timetable shows it as not calling at Wakefield (as standard) and as taking a little longer than usual in getting from Leeds to Doncaster. Perhaps the real question is why it isn't running via Hambleton on some dates. Is this down to engineering works, driver route knowledge, lack of non-electric stock or what?

Last edited:

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
My daughter travelled on this train on Saturday March 19th (this year) and reported it as running via Hambleton West & South Junctions (as RTT suggests it will on April 23rd). As this is the through train from Skipton, reversal is avoided at Leeds station and the Virgin East Coast timetable shows it as not calling at Wakefield (as standard) and as taking a little longer than usual in getting from Leeds to Doncaster. Perhaps the real question is why it isn't running via Hambleton on some dates. Is this down to engineering works, driver route knowledge, lack of non-electric stock or what?

Suspect its being formed by an electric set to free up HST's for planned diversions of anglo-scots via Church Fenton.

Veteran Member
Hello everyone

We are getting the 07:44 leeds to London on Saturday

But it seems to be not going via west gate - just wondering why this is ?

Thanks

There's been a Saturday morning train routed via Hambleton Jns for a good number of years, though it used to be at 08.15. I'd assume it's for route retention purposes.

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
There are diversions indeed.

I am booked on the 16:30 London KX - Edinburgh Waverley on Sunday.

It will be normal route to Doncaster, then diverted via Knottingley, Ferrybridge Junction, and Midland Railway metals to York via Sherburn-in-Elmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.