• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

1D53

Established Member
After seeing the screenies I'm certainly not impressed. The free routes on BVE look better.

Interesting there is no screenshots from the Leeds - York section. Mind you I could rip them to shreds bearing in mind of the screenshots here has 321905 on it - which doesnt actually exist!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I bet you 10 bucks that there is a different number on the other end of that 321.

kings cross - good
p'boro - ok
york = meh
leeds = s**t

i love this forum, you can say stuff about EB within reason, on others every thread is being locked if it has criticism

petethetim

I think EB stuff is quite good & one thing about them is they come out when they say they will unlike some others in the commercial field whom shall remain nameless

I think EB stuff is quite good & one thing about them is they come out when they say they will unlike some others in the commercial field whom shall remain nameless

Yeah, but they want a monopoly of the whole add-on market, and the quality of their routes is dire.

T

Tom

Load. Of. Bull****.

Pete, I don't care whether or not you have a vendetta against Making Tracks, which that comment is very clearly aimed towards.

No commercial producer has set, initially, a release date which they have held to.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
MT dont even give release dates anymore until the product is at the publishers

petethetim

Load. Of. Bull****.

Pete, I don't care whether or not you have a vendetta against Making Tracks, which that comment is very clearly aimed towards.

No commercial producer has set, initially, a release date which they have held to.

I'm not in to vendetta's or companies who strive for monopoly in any market ,& actually I was not eluding to them & Infact GE actually came out when they said it.But there is another product I am waiting on & it seems to be taking an age .
Would & to give EB their dues ECE Pt 2 ,came out when they said it would ,as I had It pre ordered for ages & forgot all about it till I got an Email from play telling me that it had been dispatched.

Coxster

Established Member
MT dont even give release dates anymore until the product is at the publishers
Won't even be that soon. As I understand it all products will be published by them in future. As for products coming out "on time" that's great, but if quality suffers then it kind of beats the whole point.

petethetim

Won't even be that soon. As I understand it all products will be published by them in future. As for products coming out "on time" that's great, but if quality suffers then it kind of beats the whole point.

I agree with you Coxster especially if it's like BATS LMS pack which I purchased on the night of its realise Now by reading there web site & details received from Contact Simulations It is going to be launched as a commercial product with additional activities.

Lets face It most routes are worth waiting for especially MT's last two offerings, but to be honest I was disappointed with the initial LMS pack & LSC also I don't think I have ran it since I give it an initial outing when in Arrived in Nov

ntanswell

After ECE, which i though was reasonably good, I was most dissapointed with LSC. Poor frame rates, badly designed stock, ancient platform textures and fences and trees on the track just to name a few.

VTDan

I agree....I didn't think there could be anything worse
than ECE!

But there was.

T

Tom

It should be remembered that one of the moderators on here did the majority of the good bits of work to ECE, which was originally going to be in UKFS. As I've said in other posts, EB have a habit of not optimising things... I've heard that some lamp-posts in LSC and ECE are 10,000 polys.... :shock:

petethetim

As I've said in other posts, EB have a habit of not optimising things... I've heard that some lamp-posts in LSC and ECE are 10,000 polys.... :shock:

Hi Tom Maybe the failure to optimise could be down to the sheer rate of numbers they churn thing out in Since Feb last year they have produced 5 routes & a Stock & Activity Pack in 14 Months thats a product at the rate of 2.33 Months or every 11 weeks Approx. Were as Since the Launch of LSE in Dec 2004 We have only seen Part 1 of IE & GE from Making tracks ,but the attention to detail shows in the final analyses , I personally would rate quality over quantity

T

Tom

It doesn't stop them optimising their "bulk" models that they use in every route, does it?

It isn't too hard to go around deleting triangles that don't appear in the game.

The other fact is, MT actually rigorously (sp?) beta test their works, whereas EB don't. This is shown with the dilemma with a few of the activities in ECE.

petethetim

Making Tracks Attention to detail does Show No doubt about it & two of my All time top Five routes are Making Tracks , But I would say that the route I was most disappointed in was not an EB product but thats a story for another day ;)

Coxster

Established Member
The other fact is, MT actually rigorously (sp?) beta test their works
Speaking from experience here, that's becasue it's a joy to undertake with such routes and stock, rather than a chore. Testing also takes place alongside development so problems can be picked up immediately rather than after an almost finished product has been completed.

T

Tom

I think EB take the opinion that it just delays the release.... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.