• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds - Norwich on the 14/5/12 (2hr delay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday 14th May, i had 1st Class advance tickets booked for the below service.

dep Leeds 0945 - Peterborough arr 1105

dep Peterborough 1141 - Norwich arr 1313.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to a fatality at St Neots all London KX services were cancelled and passengers advised to travel via Sheffield or Manchester for London or onward connections. I was told to travel via Sheffield and my journey details are below:

dep Leeds 0937 - Sheffield arr 1037

dep Sheffield 1138 - Norwich 1513

I arrived in Norwich 2hrs late - i was just wondering because of the excessive delay do you just get the cost of your ticket back or do they compensate you as well with it being over 1hr.

I purchased 2 advance single tickets there and back, as it was cheaper than a return.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/about-us/passengers-charter1/delay-repay/

When you say "2 hours", assuming it was 120 minutes or more this applies:

• Customers delayed on East Coast services for 120 minutes or longer will receive compensation of at least 100% of the cost of a single ticket or at least 100% of the cost of a return ticket (i.e. both ways, not just one way).
If you can scan the tickets, you can do this online:

http://www.eastcoast.co.uk/about-us/passengers-charter1/delay-repay/delayrepayform/

cheers will do, i purchased:

> "1st class" Advanced single from Leeds - Norwich
> "standard" Advanced single from Norwich - Leeds

as it was far cheaper than a "Return Ticket" so i guess i will just be refunded for the Leeds - Norwich portion, yes it was 120 mins i was delayed by.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Could the OP get any form of compensation for the fact that only Standard Class was available as far as Sheffield and the quality of the East Midlands Trains First Class was presumably lower than that offered by East Coast? Did you get a seat all the way?

Failed Unit

Established Member
Could the OP get any form of compensation for the fact that only Standard Class was available as far as Sheffield and the quality of the East Midlands Trains First Class was presumably lower than that offered by East Coast? Did you get a seat all the way?

East Midlands trains don't offer 1st on the route, but as they will get 100% refund anyway I don't think they will get extra for the Standard class only. They don't give you more compensation if you need to conclude the journey by road.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
I understand that the total liability of the TOC is the price of the ticket but is it not worth mentioning if possible that no First Class was available?

Failed Unit

Established Member
I understand that the total liability of the TOC is the price of the ticket but is it not worth mentioning if possible that no First Class was available?

Definatley - they may give something in good will - so nothing to lose.

calc7

Established Member
I remember reading somewhere (on EC documentation iirc) that only one "type" of compensation is offered - be that the class of accommodation not available, the service delayed/cancelled etc, where claims being liable for more than one type being given the highest of the appropriate levels of compensation and not the sum thereof.
I'll try to find my source.

Status
Not open for further replies.