• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds station - current food/drink availability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinson102

Hi all,

I will be making a journey at some point in April, and one of the routes I can use is changing at Leeds - I'm just wondering if anyone has travelled through/visited Leeds since Covid-19 lockdowns started (and every Food and Drink venue on a station seemed to close), and if so, whether they know if anything has remained open for takeaways?

I know on some stations places like Costa and Starbucks have remained open, but I haven't been to or through Leeds since long before Covid-19 kicked off, so I'm not sure what the situation is there.

I am trying to avoid turning up at Leeds expecting to be able to get a takeaway cup of tea & a bottle of water to keep me going, and finding I can't - especially given the lack of on train catering availability at the moment.

Thanks!

p.s. I wasn't too sure whether to put this here or in the Covid-19 section, but as it relates to a specific station I figured trying here first would be sensible.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mirodo

The Starbucks on the bridge was open today, as were the Sainsbury’s, Pret à Manger and McDonalds in the North Concourse. I didn’t pay attention to any of the others.

Robinson102

Thank you both. The Starbucks on the bridge would be enough for me, it's somewhere to get tea and water!

I have the option of one direct train that takes less time overall - but is one solid period of struggling with a mask - or travelling via Leeds, making my overall journey longer but at least having a period where there is some 'fresh(ish) air' to help with my breathing.

I am "exempt" from wearing a mask due to health issues, but I am still trying to wear one as much as I can, regardless. It just means trying to plan for periods off the trains wherever possible, when I need to travel/have no other way to travel.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
go out the main entrance and walk passed the tap pub and follow the road. at the traffic lights to your right is a greggs.

as for the mask, I know the feeling. Aside from Athsma I cannot handle them, my brain thinks I am being suffocated and I get very claustrophobic so I wear my exempt badge. I dont like wearing it as it makes me feel like I have to justify myself to faceless invincible mask wearers! still jab one done a month ago, we will soon be out of this....
If you cannot handle wearing them that is fair enough. traincrew will not judge you for it.

Last edited:

Robinson102

go out the main entrance and walk passed the tap pub and follow the road. at the traffic lights to your right is a greggs.

as for the mask, I know the feeling. Aside from Athsma I cannot handle them, my brain thinks I am being suffocated and I get very claustrophobic so I wear my exempt badge. I dont like wearing it as it makes me feel like I have to justify myself to faceless invincible mask wearers! still jab one done a month ago, we will soon be out of this....
If you cannot handle wearing them that is fair enough. traincrew will not judge you for it.

Thank you - I did have a chat to Northern (who operate the direct service I can use) and they said much the same - that they appreciate my trying to wear one as much as I can, but that I shouldn't be making things difficult for myself in the process.

I also have an 'exempt' neck badge, which I have attached to my Sunflower lanyard. But when my asthma, anxiety, and trouble regulating my body temperature allow me to, I'm still trying to wear a mask :)

dk1

Veteran Member
Wetherspoons in the North Concourse is not one of the 394 reopening next week, no doubt do to its very limited outside area.

Mordac

Established Member
Wetherspoons in the North Concourse is not one of the 394 reopening next week, no doubt do to its very limited outside area.
Is there a list of the ones that are opening anywhere online? Asking for a friend ;)

_toommm_

Established Member
Starbucks is open on the main footbridge. If you exit through the barriers, you’ve got WHSmiths and Sainsbury’s for meal deals, Maccies and Pret for hot food. There’s also a Tesco two minutes walk away.

Crossover

Established Member
When I travelled on Wednesday, I didn't see anything open on the bridge, but as others have said, there is plenty on the concourse. This now includes the outlet nearest the doors to the bus stands, Cafe Nero I think

Down the "Sainsburys" concourse, there is Pret, Sainsburys and McDonalds. KFC and the other outlet (Subway, possibly) have been closed for much of the last year, to the best of my knowledge, as has M&S Food

There is also plenty of places open in Leeds itself if you fancy a bit of a walk out

Mordac

Established Member
Yes mate. Plenty on news sites but easiest to go to Wetherspoons own website.
Found it, tried going there when I saw your post but missed it, cheers! Nice to see that my local will be open! :smile:

dk1

Veteran Member
Found it, tried going there when I saw your post but missed it, cheers! Nice to see that my local will be open! :smile:
Pleased to hear it mate. All four of mine are doing outside service. Hopefully the SSP rum M&S stores will begin to reopen soon too. Some did last Autumn. Not sure about the Leeds City outlet.

johntea

Established Member
There were plans for a rooftop terrace at the station Spoons several years ago, wonder whatever happened to those

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
Starbucks is open on the main footbridge. If you exit through the barriers, you’ve got WHSmiths and Sainsbury’s for meal deals, Maccies and Pret for hot food. There’s also a Tesco two minutes walk away.

You forgot the best value meal deal, Boots!

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator

Interesting. Theres plenty that are reopening with smaller outside areas than that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.