• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds to Doncaster services

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewRead

On Moderation
This line was first electrified in 1988 regular electric intercity services started in October of that year but I understand from watching the East Coast Main Line memories film that the local service went electric just prior I'd like to know what traction operated before and after the initial operation because the 321/9's were plagued with problems and did not enter service until as recently as July 1991.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigchris

A pretty consise summary from trusty Wikipedia (strange that I don't recall these despite the fact that I visited Doncaster quite a bit during the early 90's):

By 1991, all Class 307 trains had been withdrawn from Network SouthEast services. However, five trains (307105/111/120/122/130) were overhauled at Doncaster Works for use on the newly electrified Wakefield Line service between Leeds and Doncaster. They received the West Yorkshire Metro maroon livery. The use of these units was intended as a stop-gap until three new Class 321/9 trains entered service. The final Class 307 trains were withdrawn in early 1993.

Status
Not open for further replies.